Turkeys - Can they be still hunted?

If you're close enough to break up a flock, you're close enough to mow one down with a super full choke. Sure, they'll cluck to regroup, but not in the sense of spring mating, etc... not sure where you were going with this. :confused:

If you're close enough to break up a flock, you're close enough to mow one down with a super full choke. Sure, they'll cluck to regroup, but not in the sense of spring mating, etc... not sure where you were going with this. :confused:

You'll hear a lot more than clucks with a good break but you've clearly got it figured out.

I'm sorry but your essentially saying a traditional way of hunting doesn't work. Calling fall turkeys has a longer history than spring hunting.

I'll leave it at that and I'm really not trying to argue just pointing out how fall turkey hunting has historically been done.

Last edited:
If a turkey gets separated from its flock they use calling to get back toegther. If you break the flock up they'll call and respond to calling.

Fall turkey hunting with dogs and calls is an old tradition.

I agree with you. Birds talk. Turkeys are no exception. They're a social bird. Pheasants too. Both species will talk.

I've called both turkeys and pheasants in the fall with "churpping/talk".:)

Back