Turkey Time?

UGUIDE

Who's hunting gobblers in Wiscony? I is. Got the 4th season with my son and buddy.

Is the new zone config confusing to anyone? Benefits/Advantages?

I suppose at least it would give one more room to roam around since the zones are bigger.

There were leftovers for our zone/period so I think we might try for a week earleir next year as first choice.

Wed May 6th will be the opener of our season in WI. My buddy is stoked and I am ready to get in the woods. You got to get up way too early but nothing like hearing a gobbler on the roost. Is a Turkey an upland bird????

Anyway, my goal is to help my bud get his first Tom. We'll need the weather to cooperate. I'm glad we didn't get earlier season because weather has been too cold last few years. The weather really affects the hunting success with these birds.

Send reports if you got em. I should have one the end of next week.

Long story short....wily Toms got us skunked. My buddy hunted by himself on last day and called in a Tom to just out of range only to have it go silent and dissappear. That occupied him for about 1.5 hours and needless to say he is now hooked for good. Strange how that works.

Better luck next year :cheers:

My daughter and I have been pheenin' (sp?) to go hunting for the first time this year. It's been so wet in SE KS that we've been putting it off. Our family farm is next to bottom ground and seems like when the river crests and floods those darn birds don't come down or across the river. We got til the end of the month so hopefully we'll get a chance.

Back