Turkey Hunting Affirms My Love of Pheasant Hunting

chriswhite22

I've been in the woods 8 times so far and had the great experience of watching my 8 year old boy drop a nice turkey. I can be certain of one thing about turkey season it creates the desire to chase wild pheasants and affirms my love for it! I can walk 6 hours with little to no activity and still enjoy myself, but I can hardly make it 3 hours sitting against a tree. We're getting closer, but still a long way to go. I'm hoping for a good spring in MO and see if we can have another uptick in the numbers. I guess for now it's dog training....

It's always good for the next generation to have success! One thing we can be sure of, we got plenty of turkeys! Now just for the pheasants and quail!

It's always good for the next generation to have success! One thing we can be sure of, we got plenty of turkeys! Now just for the pheasants and quail!

You're not kidding oldandnew... Lots of turkeys in my area. My son got another bird the other day. I then guided for my nephew and called in a big tom, but he missed him. Nailed my new Avian X decoy though..... Anytime I get a gun in my hand I can get one near me!?! I figure it's better for them to get one than me. I hunt all public when I'm upland hunting here in Missouri and I was pretty happy with the pheasant I saw in the northeast and northwest Missouri. I didn't run into too many coveys though, which I felt was odd based on the hatch report. Oh well, back to the point of my original post, there is not a thing I enjoy more than pheasant hunting and turkey hunting seems to put a little salt in the wound of me not being able to go.... Selfishly speaking.

Back