Trout fishing

carptom1

Leaving in the morning for Lake Taneycomo to do some trout fishing and basketball watching for the next 4 days. Been going on this weekend with a bunch of guys for the last 25 years. Will spend the first 2 days or so filling the freezer with trout, the last 2 I will be going after the lunker. Caught a 9lb brown a couple of years ago.

A nine pounder is a heckova brown. Do you fish the lake itself? Been down there a time or two but never caught fish like you.

Yea I fish the entire lake. I have been going down for close to 30 years 2-3 times a year so I guess I know it pretty well. Caught the brown trout just down from the new Branson Landing they put in trolling a Rapala. Trolling is my favorite method on the lake. I work hard when I hunt, but I have to admit I prefer easy fishing. Have also caught several Rainbows over 4lbs over the years. About 20 years ago a guide on the lake came around selling maps of where and when to fish the lake. I bought one, and have used those spots with great sucess. If you ever go down again, just ask and I will give you the little bit of knowledge I have picked up.

Ps. I released that Brown back to the lake. The rainbows I did fillet.

Yea I fish the entire lake. I have been going down for close to 30 years 2-3 times a year so I guess I know it pretty well. Caught the brown trout just down from the new Branson Landing they put in trolling a Rapala. Trolling is my favorite method on the lake. I work hard when I hunt, but I have to admit I prefer easy fishing. Have also caught several Rainbows over 4lbs over the years. About 20 years ago a guide on the lake came around selling maps of where and when to fish the lake. I bought one, and have used those spots with great sucess. If you ever go down again, just ask and I will give you the little bit of knowledge I have picked up.

Ps. I released that Brown back to the lake. The rainbows I did fillet.

Thank you for the kind offer!

Leaving in the morning for Lake Taneycomo to do some trout fishing and basketball watching for the next 4 days. Been going on this weekend with a bunch of guys for the last 25 years. Will spend the first 2 days or so filling the freezer with trout, the last 2 I will be going after the lunker. Caught a 9lb brown a couple of years ago.

Hey Carp,
I've been fishing Lake Taneycomo for about 25 years also. Heading down there to fish has been our family vacation my entire life. We used to stay at Del Mar resort down stream and fish all day to catch our limit. I remember when I got to be around 11 or 12 and they'd let me stay and fish on the dock while the rest of the family went to town to mess around. I'd be so happy when they'd come home and I'd have 2 or 3 fish in the basket. Seems like the past 10 years or so it's become a heck of a fishery and getting a limit in a couple of hours is no big deal. I'm sure you and I have fished quite a few of the same spots over the years. A lot of great memories on that Lake and every summer when we go back it's like revisiting my youth. Some buddies and I have a annual "Mancation" and head down there every June to fish. The family and I head down there every July. Good times down there, I love that place! Hope the fishing was well. My old man is down there right now fishing as well.

Yea it has changed the last few years. My family and I come down every summer also since they were little. Fishing has been decent but no big ones. I caught one about 3lbs on friday morning trolling a rapala. Going to fish awhile in the morning then headed home. I really needed a break from work.

Post up some pic's!!!!!!!!! I do not have a clue where you are talking about, but sounds great and some dandy fish!!!! Just got back myself from a honey hole 20 minutes away!!!! Caught 3 over 21 inches, lost 2 big ones and my biggest was 23 1/2!!!! I will post some pic's when I clear some disc space!!!

GetAttachment1-5.jpg

That is a real nice trout. The fish here are all pretty small in relation. Most fish we caught were in the 12-16 inch range. A 23 incher would be a real trophy here. Taneycomo is down by Branson Mo. It runs out of the bottom of Table Rock lake and into Bull Shoals lake. The water coming out of Table Rock is around 49 degrees year round. It warms a little in the summer, but stays pretty damn cold. No big ones this year. My largest was 20 or 21 inches. Caught quite a few small browns but nothing large.

Back