Tristar Viper G2 or Weatherby Element - Back Up & Rainy Day Gun

I always take 2 guns on a trip. Both are very expensive. Life is too short to own a cheap gun. Actually I don't consider $1500 or $2000 expensive for a gun when you figure what you pay a year for gas, auto insurance, eating out, etc. At least with a gun, you can have them for a lifetime vs spending money on disposable things.
Very true, my main gun I’ve hunted with the last year is a Beretta a300. And I’ve been shooting my dads old Franchi 48 Al. Not expensive but not clunkers and the Franchi has sentimental value. Then if it’s a long haul or quail, I’ll take my 20 gauge over under. I’ve got my eye on a few really nice guns, just can’t decide on what I want.

If you say so hot shot.
So...that is your retort? You're obviously an intellectual giant...a mental colossus above all others. I exist ONLY in awe of your genius. Allow me to submit...in deference to your mental superiority....get a proper trigger job and then tell me I'm full of $h!+. You might surprise yourself.

So...that is your retort? You're obviously an intellectual giant...a mental colossus above all others. I exist ONLY in awe of your genius. Allow me to submit...in deference to your mental superiority....get a proper trigger job and then tell me I'm full of $h!+. You might surprise yourself.

Damn I did not even disagree with you. Defensive much?

Ok, first off both the Tristar and Weatherby are manufactured in Turkey like CZ's. If you looking for only a gas operation system gun you need to be aware of a some factors in your decision making as all of these fall into the same realm.

1) Maintenance is key. Gas guns don't like to be dirty. Recommended deep cleaning every 250 rounds.
2) All triggers on autoloader tend to be crappy. Liability issue (thanks you attorneys)
3) Gas guns can be finicky about the load they will run. Generally you will need something that runs about 1225 FPS or better to avoid issues.
4) Warranty service for Tristar and CZ are in Kansas City. Not sure if Weatherby is doing it onsite in Wy?

CZ does have a new 712 G3 auto that come with a piston for light loads (dove/target), and a heavy piston to run (waterfowl and rooster loads).
We put about 500 plus round thru it at a recent PF shotgun showcase straight out of the box with crappy ammo and ran without a hiccup.

I personally use a CZ 1012 gun for my backup to my O/U. Being an inertia driven system it's recoil is a bit more, but I like the reliability and low maintenance requirements cuz I am lazy and hate cleaning guns after a day hunting.

If you want more worthless shotgun info PM me. Ill be happy to help.

Kick!

Back