Treat pouch

JonS

Is there one better than the others? I was debating a tool belt pocket? Any thing to like or hate about any. We're thinking having treats on a belt pouch would make them easier to distribute and offer when doing things we want Maple to do.
Thanks

I have used a zip bag inside a shell vest pocket.

You might try an inexpensive shotgun shell holder - one used for trap or skeet. These typically are suspended/held via your belt.

Last edited:
4ychji.jpg

...I run a clear, quart size, zip-type plastic bag (sometimes even fancy Ziploc brand), conveniently nestled in the pocket of my 1987 Mount'n Prairie camo vest. Sometimes I even dump treats straight in the vest pocket & hope they pick up a little natural bird scent (Ace says store-bought scents don't smell like genetically wild roosters). This can be used to aid "hunt dead" training by dragging the treat through the weeds, resulting in immediate gratification at the end of the search. Gotta watch to make sure it doesn't lead to a hard mouth though.

Just pulling your chain a bit, my friend. I'm not sure how you drag a small treat through the weeds, however

Just pulling your chain a bit, my friend. I'm not sure how you drag a small treat through the weeds, however
Understood. I too confess that I'm not always 100% serious.
I don't usually (or ever, actually) drag pheasant scented treats through the weeds.
But if I did, I'd tie it to a rear belt loop & run like mad.
There are several people on here that I'd like to video doing it.

Ziploc bag is what it's been and will continue to be, thanks and looking forward to seeing less folks in the field, unless they're great folks like are here :)

I use a water bottle carrier that has a Velcro strap that I wrap around my belt.

I also use a Ziploc bag because it’s light and keeps the treat intact. I always have some with me and use them not only for treats but for anything that needs to stay safe in case of rain. Sometimes I even put my phone in it so it doesn’t get wet.
Thanks to my wife, I have almost an unlimited supply of child resistant pouches. She uses it to wrap goods in them and as a package for jewelry she makes and sells online. she has bags of different sizes and uses them to pack the rings and earrings she makes.
What do you think are the best treats for bird dogs?

Back