Trap n Transfer

I know that the PGC and a few other parties held a successful trap and transfer operation from SD and Montana to PA. With that being said, I’m sure there was an absolute ton of paperwork and red tape to get that approved. What I’m asking is if there is a way to get birds from out of state without the PGCs help so there are less hoops to jump thru. My dad and I are looking to buy a half section in Kansas and I’m just tryna figure out if there is a way we can get some wild birds here. We do alright with our pen raised birds but from the 40 we raised and released, we only had 6 this spring. Granted I’ve seen 2 broods so far this summer but 40 wild birds has to be better than their own raised cousins. Let me know!

There's a reason for all the red tape when transporting wild animals across state lines. Just think about CWD in deer. I think they bypassed some of the red tape a few times by working with Indian Reservations, but still a lot with the Pa. side of things. I know when NJ was thinking about it the task seemed to daunting for that PF Chapter.
Personally I think a captive wild breeding program might be a better way to go.

There's a reason for all the red tape when transporting wild animals across state lines. Just think about CWD in deer. I think they bypassed some of the red tape a few times by working with Indian Reservations, but still a lot with the Pa. side of things. I know when NJ was thinking about it the task seemed to daunting for that PF Chapter.
Personally I think a captive wild breeding program might be a better way to go.
I agree with the captive breeding... but with that being said, that would be a massive enclosure, and a good genetic strain of birds would be needed in my opinion, but i think it could be worth a shot.

Mason - I gave up on this site a forum a while back. Lots of excuses and no solutions.

Responded to another post of yours - I can bring elbow grease, other participants and some funding to folks like you willing to think outside the box.

Our state is full of great habitat. Tired of hearing about raptures, habitat, etc.

PA has what it takes to bring back wild pheasants …

PM me and I gather up some excited people willing to assist in your cause.

Back