Training Pic

Dakotazeb

I was out working Elle on some quail this morning and I snapped a photo of one of her points. Doing a little tune-up work before we head to Lewistown, MT next week for NSTRA's National Endurance Classic.

Aug2012001.jpg
[/IMG]

She's a Dandy, George. We ran Britts in AKC trials for many years.

Whats the format on that trial?

Rod

She's a Dandy, George. We ran Britts in AKC trials for many years.

Whats the format on that trial?

Rod

Rod, are you familiar with NSTRA? The National Endurance Classic is a different format than a regular NSTRA trial. The format is a "Beat your Bracemate" format throughtout the trial. Beat your bracemate and you advance. This really levels the playing field as it doesn't matter how many birds are left in the field or what the scenting conditions are throughout the day because everything is the same at that time for you and your bracemate.

Today I put 6 quail out in about 30-40 acres and she found every one within about 20 minutes. I still have 8 quail left so will head back to the field tomorrow morning. Hope it's a little cooler.

Thanks George. Sounds like you have her right on top of her game. Interesting format, no doubt.

Good Luck to you and Elle both at the trial. Hoping the scenting conditions are good when you run.

NB

Last edited:
Back