Training Areas

Dcup

Does anyone know where some training areas are around Des Moines? I dont have any private land to utilize and I'm going to have a 6 month old pup ready for bird introduction in the spring. I am just trying to figure out some places I can go.

What are the rules for training during the offseason on public ground? I've heard that you cant train on public ground from March to July? Is this true, is so where in the world can I train my pup with quail/pigeons?

You can't train on public ground from March 15 to Aug 15. Doc's Kennel over buy Adel, but I don't know what they charge. There are probably some other preserves around the metro, but like UB said about the dog clubs.

Is it a pointing dog?If so join NAVHDA and you will have access to trianing ground, birds etc. AKC club if retriever?

Pointing dog with a pup ready to be trained come March/April.

You can't train on public ground from March 15 to Aug 15. Doc's Kennel over buy Adel, but I don't know what they charge. There are probably some other preserves around the metro, but like UB said about the dog clubs.

I saw Doc's on the internet one day and I was thinking of joining. Its only 300 bucks a year, I just havent been in contact with anyone. Just trying to find some more info.

Check

Iowa DNR web site it will give you all the laws and a list of designated dog training areas you will need a valid hunting license and you will need bands for the birds you use they are available on the DNR website.

Back