Took the combine to town.

McFarmer

I took the combine to Spencer in NW Iowa early this morning. I saw many, many broods of pheasants out on the back roads, more than I have ever seen.
Most were evidently hatched in the ditches since there was only corn and beans for some distance. Every thing to roosters with some color to some baseball sized.

Im thinking the DNR report will show a good amount of birds.

Hope you are right, McFarmer, we are hunting just a few miles south of there this fall. Looking forward to it!

Good report. My father saw a brood early this week, he said they were about the size sparrows....they have some growing to do in the next 10 weeks! It has been hot and extremely dry, but we might still have a few birds to chase.

This will never happen (ever) but my dream for game bird habitat from a farm bill mandate would be to have required fence rows like "the old days" every so many yards or miles in farm country. Just imagine the amount of habitat gained if every farmer had to leave a swath the size of the old school fence rows every so many distance. Even if if was every mile. That would be millions of acres of habitat for all kinds of critters instead of a sea of crops.

I know this is far fetched and will never happen due to the economical impacts on the farmer and less grain being produced, but a guy can dream.

I dream about filter strips required on every waterway, everyone wants clean water, it is about the enviroment! And we will deal with the byproducts. Joe is currently spending money like a drunk pirate, so anything is possible!

I dream about filter strips required on every waterway, everyone wants clean water, it is about the enviroment! And we will deal with the byproducts. Joe is currently spending money like a drunk pirate, so anything is possible!
we gotta spend our money for tanks, humvees.

we left our arms for the Taliban.

I took the combine to Spencer in NW Iowa early this morning. I saw many, many broods of pheasants out on the back roads, more than I have ever seen.
Most were evidently hatched in the ditches since there was only corn and beans for some distance. Every thing to roosters with some color to some baseball sized.

Im thinking the DNR report will show a good amount of birds.
Thanks for the report McFarmer, I hope your getting the rain needed for a bumper crop!!!

This will never happen (ever) but my dream for game bird habitat from a farm bill mandate would be to have required fence rows like "the old days" every so many yards or miles in farm country. Just imagine the amount of habitat gained if every farmer had to leave a swath the size of the old school fence rows every so many distance. Even if if was every mile. That would be millions of acres of habitat for all kinds of critters instead of a sea of crops.

I know this is far fetched and will never happen due to the economical impacts on the farmer and less grain being produced, but a guy can dream.
Make it a requirement for crop insurance and it will happen.

we gotta spend our money for tanks, humvees.

we left our arms for the Taliban.
USA has 11 aircraft carriers to China's and RUSSIA'S 1..... One.
Tommorow s war will not be fought with tanks and hummers...it will be fought by limiting supplies, microchips, medical goods, attacking power grids.
The hack/shutdown of the recent gasoline supplier was just a beginning.

Back