took a tour

benelli-banger

picked up a pup yesterday in sd...impressed with bird #'s...about a rooster every 1/2 mile...saw some hens, too...imagine they are getting ready to nest...overall, wet, but looking pretty good.

Last edited:
Man, that is great to hear.
Will be interested to see what the fall road counts are.

Heard back from a land owner today and his synopsis was similar to your report. Was encouraging to hear and better than I had expected to be honest. Thanks for the first hand update!

These reports are encouraging but my experience was not the same. I left Watertown, SD about 7:00 AM this past Thursday. Took Hwys 20 and 45 to Webster, then Hwy 12 to Aberdeen and then 281 up to Jamestown, ND. In those 200 miles I saw only a handful of birds along the road. Guess the road survey in August will give us a better picture.

These reports are encouraging but my experience was not the same. I left Watertown, SD about 7:00 AM this past Thursday. Took Hwys 20 and 45 to Webster, then Hwy 12 to Aberdeen and then 281 up to Jamestown, ND. In those 200 miles I saw only a handful of birds along the road. Guess the road survey in August will give us a better picture.

kind of makes sense based on that geographic area....

Back