Todays Hunt - 2020 Season

Had a good day for the start of the new year, got my first sharpie of the season. Going to hit it Sunday and try and convince some buds to go to SD for a couple days.3DDEDD7C-ADC9-4013-9DB1-4A52DD7ED41D.jpegDD6BFF05-0C5E-483B-B5FA-7836C90D1504.jpeg8F2BB687-022B-4AB3-A550-789D4F8543CA.jpeg

Hey North Dakota hunters I would speculate this was the Year of the Rooster! At least in no dak , nice pictures!

PTM,
Congratulations on an outstanding season! Your photography is spectacular, thanks for sharing! Being from Michigan I am truly amazed at your success. It would take at least 3-seasons worth of serious public ground hunting just to SEE the number of roosters you have bagged this year. If I may ask, do you hunt mostly private or public land?
Frank

PTM,
Congratulations on an outstanding season! Your photography is spectacular, thanks for sharing! Being from Michigan I am truly amazed at your success. It would take at least 3-seasons worth of serious public ground hunting just to SEE the number of roosters you have bagged this year. If I may ask, do you hunt mostly private or public land?
Frank
Frank thanks, up here I hunt mostly private land, we do have to walk a lot, this year has been good bird numbers, I’ve been shooting those pics with an I phone hoping to have a real camera by next season. There is some good public land hunting around that starts after modern rifle I just haven’t found a reason to leave our spots, it really fluctuates from year to year.

Nice to see those late hatched young birds might make it thru this winter...provided you don't get hammered in feb/march...

Yep. 40 degrees sounds pleasant enough, what velocity was the no dak breeze?😀 pat looks like the dog power is paying for the feed? What gun and ammo do you use mostly late season? Best to you!!!

There is a lot of 2020 we may want to forget. Adding Willow to our family in June is definitely not one of those things. I am thankful for the additional time we spent together in the outdoors because we didn't want to or couldn't do other things. This fall was even more special being able to hunt with my wife and daughter who completed Hunter's Safety in January and went on their first hunts this fall. While more birds flew away than were shot, they each were able to bag their first pheasant. Our pup, Willow officially has graduated and I am already eager for October to be here. We hunted together over 35+ days and were blessed with many limits. Her hunt drive is insane and she was a quick study. The memories of her first points, first retrieve and how much she developed just watching her 3 year old "sister" mentor her. I am so excited at the opportunity to hunt behind Ellie and Willow for many years to come. Below is a collage of Willow as she grew up this fall.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.54.12 PM.png

Happy New Year to all of you! I look forward to reading and chatting more with the people on this forum in 2021.
-Mike

Reactions: PTM
Yep. 40 degrees sounds pleasant enough, what velocity was the no dak breeze?😀 pat looks like the dog power is paying for the feed? What gun and ammo do you use mostly late season? Best to you!!!
I have all these shotguns and pretty much used my A400 the whole season, ordered one in 20 gauge, had the whole crew out a couple times when hunting alone, it was too much multi tasking.

There is a lot of 2020 we may want to forget. Adding Willow to our family in June is definitely not one of those things. I am thankful for the additional time we spent together in the outdoors because we didn't want to or couldn't do other things. This fall was even more special being able to hunt with my wife and daughter who completed Hunter's Safety in January and went on their first hunts this fall. While more birds flew away than were shot, they each were able to bag their first pheasant. Our pup, Willow officially has graduated and I am already eager for October to be here. We hunted together over 35+ days and were blessed with many limits. Her hunt drive is insane and she was a quick study. The memories of her first points, first retrieve and how much she developed just watching her 3 year old "sister" mentor her. I am so excited at the opportunity to hunt behind Ellie and Willow for many years to come. Below is a collage of Willow as she grew up this fall.

View attachment 958

Happy New Year to all of you! I look forward to reading and

View attachment 958

Happy New Year to all of you! I look forward to reading and chatting more with the people on this forum in 2021.
-Mike
Beautiful dog, is it out of Wall Canyon in Mt?

Willow is out of Champions Vizsla out of Roscoe, South Dakota. Our 3 year old we bought from a local fellow near Golden Valley, ND. I feel like I won a lottery with both.

I have all these shotguns and pretty much used my A400 the whole season, ordered one in 20 gauge, had the whole crew out a couple times when hunting alone, it was too much multi tasking.
I really fell in love with the look of the A400 xplore when I saw a picture on this site. Very envious. It is shocking I am still lugging my 30 Year old Remington 870 Express 12 Ga. Next fall I hope to be shooting the A400.

Reactions: PTM
Back