Today sucks!

Tucker

Plans were to head to Kansas at 11 with my dad. Instead my 7 month old lab starts puking at 4 this morning. Fed him his breakfast around 5 and he pukes that out an hour later. Take him for a walk and he seems fine. Feed him a small cup of food at 9 and up that comes 5 minutes later. Call the vet and take him in, she takes x-rays and says he has some blockage in his intestines. So here it is 2:00 and she just called to say they went in and found a large sharp rock stuck in there. (what a dumbass) Now they'll keep him until Sunday.

There goes his season!

Best of luck to all that went! Looking forward to the reports.

It happens. My cousins lab had to go under the knife becasue he had a sock stuck in his intestines. At least he's only seven months old. You can't expect much out of him at that age anyhow.

My lab did that when he was about the same age, but it was a pecan. He damn near died. I would not worry about the season being over, he will be good to go in about 4 weeks, maybe less. Better time of the season anyways, less hunters and crops are out.

My Male lab is notorious for eating socks, underwear, bra's etc....However we have never had to take him to the vet for being sick. I find out when he pukes them up in the house!

Sorry about your luck and your dogs......Hope you get some hunting in anyway.

Sorry to hear about your dog, I feel your pain.

Last year we had weight problems with our GSP and took him in a month before pheasant opener. Vet tests him and says hook worms, no problem give him medicine he'll be fine. Two weeks go by and he's still losing weight so we take him back. Uh ohh, our finished gun dog, bought in sept. has heart worms (still mad at the seller). Cost us around $1000 dollars for treatment and he's out all season. To add injury to insult the little bugger had cleared his 6' kennel and my dam's 6' kennel and she get's pregnant. So needless to say we hunted dogless last year. But 2009 has brought good tidings. Male dog recovered from his heart worms and both dogs had a very inspiring opening season.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your hunting partner.

Back