Thoughts and Opinions

Munster927

So I'm having a little bit of an internal debate with myself so naturally I turn to the internet for help 😂

I currently have a 12 gauge Browning Maxus but am really interested in the Browning A5 16. I have no intentions of selling or trading in my Maxus because it's a sweet gun. I do however have 2 shotguns I never use that I'm debating selling or trading in. Both are Browning BPS pumps. One in 12 and the other a youth 20. Would y'all sell/trade those in (knowing you never use them) for a gun you would like to actually use?

I just have a voice in my head of my dad telling me "Never sell a gun" haha

So I'm having a little bit of an internal debate with myself so naturally I turn to the internet for help 😂

I currently have a 12 gauge Browning Maxus but am really interested in the Browning A5 16. I have no intentions of selling or trading in my Maxus because it's a sweet gun. I do however have 2 shotguns I never use that I'm debating selling or trading in. Both are Browning BPS pumps. One in 12 and the other a youth 20. Would y'all sell/trade those in (knowing you never use them) for a gun you would like to actually use?

I just have a voice in my head of my dad telling me "Never sell a gun" haha
I'm interested in helping with your decision making process. Check your inbox.

So far every weapon I've sold (Two) I have regretted it.
I have gifted two, that I don't regret one bit.
I also have several that I don't use, but I have them if I want to. Your dad has some good advice!

If you can avoid it, don't sell. Guns, over time and if well cared for, have a way of holding their value. Besides, in the future, who knows how hard they're going to make it to get a new one? The A5 Sweet 16 is my favorite go-to bird gun, even for close-in ducks. Hard to beat the light weight and the killing power of this particular 16 (if you point it right, of course!) If at all possible, just spring for the A5; you won't regret it.

My first 12 gauge was a Remington 870 express. Hate that thing but I also shot my first deer with it. Never want to shoot it again but seeing it and remembering good times is priceless. If a gun has sentimental memories always keep it!!!

I would definitely agree Wolf. But funds are a bit tight at the moment after purchasing a house recently so trying to get into a gun I might actually use and off load a couple I don't use (and haven't in many years). Prior to buying my house I definitely would have just sprung for it 😂

Munster out of curiosity what did you do with the 20 gauge you bought off West Kansas last year?

If there is no emotional reason to keep them then sell and buy something you will use IMO.

Munster out of curiosity what did you do with the 20 gauge you bought off West Kansas last year?
Hey 5, WestKS had already sold that 20 gauge by the time I asked him about it. Had I picked that up I may not be looking at a A5 16 haha

If there is no emotional reason to keep them then sell and buy something you will use IMO.
It was my first shotgun but I'm not much for sentimental stuff. That may change when I get older but right now, I don't get attached to materialistic stuff too much.

I had saw where you had replied to West Kansas, and then he posted sold. I have thought for a year that you bought that gun. My bad.

Last edited:
Back