this week's hunts

rascal

haven't posted pics in a while.....here's a few from last couple days of hunting. got out work half day on Wed and had just enough time to make it to some of my ground and hunt couple hours before dark....my young wirehair Ace didn't let me down....he had a nice find on a big covey of quail and the gods shined on me and I doubled...a rooster and a hen. Yesterday I hunted state ground then found a new piece of property that turned out to be a little honey hole for pheasants. :)

Ace pointing the covey Wed afternoon

Ace nails a rooster in the fog yesterday on edge of soybean field

this rooster was pointed no less than 10 times...he ran completely out of the crp and ended up here....

It's great to finally see posts from someone in IL having such great luck. It sounds like you've experienced similar #'s/hunts to mine here in KS....ya got a great looking dog too!

Keep the reports and pics coming. I'm impressed that you got a pic of the rooster point and still managed to bag him:cheers::cheers:

THANKS....yea me 2.....2 other roosters did not hold for points...dog would point them couple times....then they flushed wild bout 80 yards....this bird did same thing but think he was afraid to move when he was pointed with such little cover. I have been very fortunate this year and last year as well. Hope it continues...I will be heading back to Kansas in January...I went last January as well....wish I could afford to go out there more often during the season but its very hard for me to leave IL when I am finding birds here. I hunt alot of pheasants on state ground where they release them too but I hunt mostly on off days when arent any people around. I really prefer to quail hunt though.

Back