This is the end.

PTM

Well it's getting to be that time of year again only a couple of weeks left how was everybody's season. I got to hunt with several members on the site, hit ND, SD, and my newish home of MT quite a bit. I have one hunt tomorrow, and one on a private ranch I hunted with Quailhound the last week of the season. Most of my hunts are by myself with my old Dog Lilah and we usually get one or two. Hope everyone has had an awesome year.
tailss_zps2wv0ec7s.jpg

1217151644_zpszfpppb0v.jpg

lightning%20lilah_zps5bdlno3i.jpg

Yellow Labs Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great season despite only shooting two roosters here at home so far this season. The trip to the high line was the highlight for sure. I have two more weekends of pheasant season and then it's quail until the end of January. Maybe I'll get another bird or two, never know if you don't try.:thumbsup:

In case anyone was wondering that beer in Patrick's picture is brewed with real yellow lab and you can really taste the swamp in it.:D:cheers:

Yellow Labs are the best. I was supposed to meet up with a buddy and his dog one snowy day and he didn't show up . The farmer acrose the road had some yellow labs that I had met before. Mom and one of her boys showed up and took me hunting. Had a limit by 11 am. Great dogs.

If I could get that beer in Nova Scotia I'd fill my fridge with it ( even if it does taste like swamp dog!). Looks like you had a good season - well done and best of luck with your final few outings!
I had my best ever with my young yellow for her first season. I could not be more pleased with her. My hunts were generally short, frequent and successful. Of course, even when they were not successful we found other prizes out of the day. In one instance I found the world's best club sandwich! Our season is done now for pheasants, but when I get home from this business trip I will be hunting ruffies and ducks until New Year's Eve and January 15th, respectively. After that, if I really had an itch it would be hare or coyotes, but more likely I'll hang up my guns and dust off skis and snowshoes before getting my fly rod out in April. Life is good if you let it, eh? (Hah - I just realized I typed a good ol' Canadian "eh" there!).
Dave

Excellent decorating skills! Hey, that dog looks familiar. :D

Back