The wife does it so why can't I

moellermd

Super Moderator
So a few years ago I bought a pair of Beretta Cordura Upland hunting pants on Ebay for $30. I really like em. They are kind of a combination of running pants and hunting pants. Lots of room and movement they are not cotton so they hold up well when wet and keep me fairly dry. The problem is I have been looking to get another pair but the cheapest I can find them is 85 bucks. I am a $20 wrangler guy and hate to think of spending that much on pants. Plus I don't want to turn into "one of those guys." But as hunting approches I am starting to get weak and am thinking the wife probably spends that on dress pants so maybe ????? Any other good less expensive brands I should be looking at or should I just bite the bullet and get'em.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to avoid denim. You know what they say cotton kills.

Buy what you need and like. Go get the Berettas and if they last 4 yrs that figures out to about $20/yr. You can't take the wife out and spend less than $20 for one meal. The Berettas are steal if you look at it that way. You wouldn't remember that meal, but you will remember those pants and all the roosters you got while wearing them.

I agree with pheasantaddict. I have 2 pairs of Cabelas gore-tex upland pants that I love, so I guess I am "one of those guys". It wasn't easy to spend spend over $100 for a pair of pants when I got them but have not regretted it once. One pair is on its 4th season and the other is on its 2nd and they take a beating in the ruffed grouse cover. I have tried many different types of pants and chaps over the years and have found nothing better yet. They are by far the dryest, most comfortable and toughest pants I have found. In my opinion, brush pants are second in importance only to good boots when hunting. Just my two cents.

I have a pair of LL Bean Gore-Tex that I paid $100 for several years ago. They are still going strong. If these would have existed 40 years ago, I would have taken out a loan to buy them.

Well I solved my problem. Cabelas in Mitchell had Dry-Plus upland pants for $29 in the bargain cave normally $99. Only problem was button hole was tight and hard to button but they will close. Bought 3 pair.

Those Rangler Roughneck/Riggs pants are pretty nice--cheap and very comfortable. I hunt a bunch and never have seen the need for the nicer pants, but if that is what you like--go for it. The cotton pants don't work that great when it rains or the dew is heavy, but I just put on a pair of goretex pants at that point.

Back