The right place on the right day (ducks, not roosters)

crockett

With pheasant season in Nova Scotia over last Saturday, it was not long before my thoughts turned to my neglected waterfowl gear...

Normal people say "Hey, what a NICE, WARM, SUNNY day. I think I'll take a day off".
Duck hunters say "Hey, a 70km/h nor'ester? With a blizzard you say? HELL yeah, I think I'll take a day off".

My apologies for the terrible photo quality - the only thing at hand was a cheap cell phone...

There's HEAVEN, there's HELL, and then there's THIS PLACE - which is a little bit of both. Believe it or not, I was narrating this video! I believe I was saying something about how breezy it was...

Wonderduck spinning wing decoy - not doing much good
wonderduck.jpg

Self portraits into the teeth of a nor-easter - hard not to make your 'uglyface'
selfportraitinablizzard.jpg

The poor things had no idea what hit them - what kind of an IDIOT would be out there today? Me, that's what kind!
blizzardlimit.jpg

An Xtreme shotty for Xtreme conditions - never missed a beat, even after someone tripped on a silo and fell on his face
xtremeconditions.jpg

This was heavy on the way OUT to the marsh. On the way back to the car, it was wobby baby-steps all the way! Good way to warm up though!
heavyload.jpg

Back