The "Man" Room

onpoint

Do any of you have your own "Man" room. If so, is it your gun room, mount room, 50" TV, Etc. What makes it yours?

My wife gave me the family room in the lower level for my "man cave". It's where I have all my mounts and wildlife photos. Oh, and my 50" plasma. Also has a gas fireplace. I can't quite fit a pool table in so have been looking for a combo bumper pool table/poker table. Then it will be about complete.

I got the basement. It's finished, but not nearly as nice as the addition I had in Kenosha.

At the moment it's just a 65" tv, a couch, the gun locker, and boxes.

Yes, I moved almost a month ago and have no unboxed stuff yet.

Mine is a 25 x 50 garage dubbed the snoot shack since thats were all the lies happen over a bottle of shine while cleaning birds
guns are kept inside but the dogs can go freely into the garage and theres a woodburning stove in there

My wife gave me the family room in the lower level for my "man cave". It's where I have all my mounts and wildlife photos. Oh, and my 50" plasma. Also has a gas fireplace. I can't quite fit a pool table in so have been looking for a combo bumper pool table/poker table. Then it will be about complete.

What? no beer fridge? :eek:

One of my buddies has it the best. They bought a house last year, nothing fancy, a ranch from the 60's. but in the back yard there is this strange finished out building. We finally pieced it together and realized it was originally built as a pottery studio. That became his man cave. Its probably 15x30 and has a huge projector tv, beer fridge it is great. I can only dream of such a setup someday.

I'm jealous of some of the nice man-caves described above. We can only afford quite a small house, so most of the space is occupied. I did manage to lay claim to one wall of the guest room to build a huge bookshelf for all of my hunting/fishing books, but my man cave really IS a cave - lol! It's the old coal-room in the back of the basement of the house. It's cleaned up now, parged over the old stone foundation, and painted/well lit. Still, I have room in there to store gear (not guns or ammo though - gets a bit too damp in the summer), clean guns, clean birds. My trophies consist of a skull cap from a spikehorn whitetail, and a another from a little forkhorn from this year, as well as a mason jar of 22" plus pheasant feathers. That's about it! Someday I'd like to have room for a man cave that combines my interest in reading/writing (so my books, and maybe a small computer desk), a fly-tying bench, room for a rod-rack with built-in tackle-tray storage, a gun cleaning bench and some comfortable chairs - preferable something like leather recliner or two. A coffee machine and a modestly stocked bar-fridge would be nice. No need for a TV for me - the man cave would mostly be a place to get away from that. Just a radio will do. Oh, and a memory-foam dog bed for my best friend too. Ahhh, you guys have got me dreaming! lol! For now, it's back down to my cave!
-Croc

If the entire house where just me and the dog live sorta stinks, does that qualify it as a man cave? :eek:

I've got a "beer room". It's small, about 12 by 12. I am a home brewer and have my beer fridge with up to 5 beers on tap in there. My guns are in the closet as well as ammo. When our home brew club meets everyone hangs out in there and in my garage that is attached to the beer room. Oddly enough I brew a lot of beer but drink less than a beer a week on average.

I have a cabin at the ranch that is ALL mine. Full of "Man Junk" I have electricity, beer storage/inventory :) Lots and lots of trophy's, deer and elk antlers etc. Don't have a TV or puter out there.
I guy got to have time to be home with the Bride, Right?:cheers:

I get the basement. Have my tv some mounts and all my pictures I take on the wall. She gets the rest of the house to do what she likes.

I got the basement. It's finished, but not nearly as nice as the addition I had in Kenosha.

At the moment it's just a 65" tv, a couch, the gun locker, and boxes.

Yes, I moved almost a month ago and have no unboxed stuff yet.

I too have just moved and in doing so I have lost my MAN ROOM--was a seperte room in the garage with reloading bench-gun safe-fishing rod rack and cove heating--no windows--no tv IT WAS REALLY REALLY NICE--now I have to start over--thats not to bad as I can tweek the new to taste.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back