The day finally came

So sorry to hear this
Dogs only have one fault. They never live long enough.
For sure. He turned 13 the day before and I new it was coming for 6 months prior. He lived the pampered life for the last 6 months. Seemed to really go down fast after I brought the puppy home.

Not the first time but this one has been hard. Maybe we can get out and do a chicken hunt this fall. It has been many years since I have done one.
I had to put mine down on saint pats day, would have been 13 in may. Maybe they’re up there running pheasants together

Unfortunately we had to put my Lab Buddy to rest this morning. It was a hard but right decision to make. We made him a warm bath last night and my daughter went and got him a bacon cheeseburger and ice cream for dinner. I have been a mess today as I knew this would be tough. All the time we spend with these companions leaves a hole in us when they are gone. Hopefully he has been restored to his physical self as he was a beast. Rest well my friend.

I remember hunting with Buddy, a sharp birdy dog of a caring master. RIP.

Yep that was him in old age he reminded me of a big old grizzly bear

Buddy had a tendency to growl at other intact males. I remember him doing that to him in the back of the truck. I thought man you better stop this dog is twice your size. Sorry for your loss he was a fine dog

Sorry to hear , I can totally sympathize with you, its been a couple years for me and just thinking about it reminds me of the hardest thing ive ever had to do, I remember praying he'd go in his sleep so I wouldn't have to take him to his last vet trip, but that didn't work out.
It helped the transition having another dog. so that been my plan, when the ol timer is getting up there, I get a pup and they bond and can hunt for a few years , and he helps train the pup, works for me. mine is turning 11 in June the pup will be 3 in may, they are quite the team. best of luck brother with the new pup, how old?

Sorry to hear , I can totally sympathize with you, its been a couple years for me and just thinking about it reminds me of the hardest thing ive ever had to do, I remember praying he'd go in his sleep so I wouldn't have to take him to his last vet trip, but that didn't work out.
It helped the transition having another dog. so that been my plan, when the ol timer is getting up there, I get a pup and they bond and can hunt for a few years , and he helps train the pup, works for me. mine is turning 11 in June the pup will be 3 in may, they are quite the team. best of luck brother with the new pup, how old?
I waited too long, she is just now 4 months. I think she is going to be a good one. I was hoping mine would go in his sleep too, but it was getting to hard to watch. When I had to carry him out to pee I realized it was time

Back