The day finally came

carptom1

Unfortunately we had to put my Lab Buddy to rest this morning. It was a hard but right decision to make. We made him a warm bath last night and my daughter went and got him a bacon cheeseburger and ice cream for dinner. I have been a mess today as I knew this would be tough. All the time we spend with these companions leaves a hole in us when they are gone. Hopefully he has been restored to his physical self as he was a beast. Rest well my friend.

Attachments

• 3541AE59-295C-40BD-9D22-D90F7DB18411.jpeg
    3541AE59-295C-40BD-9D22-D90F7DB18411.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 18
  • D0F86774-B704-4C00-9CEB-07986024685B.jpeg
    D0F86774-B704-4C00-9CEB-07986024685B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • E59DB555-EB4D-4E04-BADE-512A187D8F87.jpeg
    E59DB555-EB4D-4E04-BADE-512A187D8F87.jpeg
    987.9 KB · Views: 18
Tom,

A fond farewell to Buddy...we spent lots of hours together with you and your friend. A few tense times with he and Max, but overall two accomplished retrievers. Won't forget when they arrived at a downed bird together and each had a piece of it and wouldn't let go...not much left of the bird when we finally got them parted!

We were with you when one of the above photo's was taken...a quick limit before noon. He certainly had the drive and enthusiasm that will be hard to duplicate. I often wonder - will we see our dogs again one day? Hope so...

Much success to you with your new pal.

Jon

sorry to hear. Ive been there way too many times and hurts each and every time. Just sux.
He sure is easy on the eyes.
Hang in there.

So sorry to hear this
Dogs only have one fault. They never live long enough.

Tom,

A fond farewell to Buddy...we spent lots of hours together with you and your friend. A few tense times with he and Max, but overall two accomplished retrievers. Won't forget when they arrived at a downed bird together and each had a piece of it and wouldn't let go...not much left of the bird when we finally got them parted!

We were with you when one of the above photo's was taken...a quick limit before noon. He certainly had the drive and enthusiasm that will be hard to duplicate. I often wonder - will we see our dogs again one day? Hope so...

Much success to you with your new pal.

Jon
We definitely had some adventures on some great grounds in South Dakota. Both our dogs got exposed to a ton of birds.

sorry to hear. Ive been there way too many times and hurts each and every time. Just sux.
He sure is easy on the eyes.
Hang in there.
Thanks man, he was a specimen for sure. At the local dog park I was often asked if he was a lab because of his muscular lean build.

Back