That’s a wrap…

I bought raw, deveined frozen shrimp…sautéed in butter, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, dried basil, black pepper…served over pasta…tenderloin was seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and fried with butter and Worcestershire sauce til medium rare. Brussel sprouts in microwave steam bag. Very simple meal! Really tasty after several glasses of bourbon and 7 miles of cattail crashing earlier in the day!!!😜

No pheasant on the menu??? Were those 7 miles completely devoid of birds? Sounds like a bit of walk for a limit of roosters, one mile sounds like a hike for a limit....I would have called it way before the 2nd mile of them cattails! Sounds like a nice meal, you start thinking you will begin sprouting tailfeathers after eatting them 5 times a week, all season long.

No pheasant on the menu??? Were those 7 miles completely devoid of birds? Sounds like a bit of walk for a limit of roosters, one mile sounds like a hike for a limit....I would have called it way before the 2nd mile of them cattails! Sounds like a nice meal, you start thinking you will begin sprouting tailfeathers after eatting them 5 times a week, all season long.
I’ve made pheasant for the farmers out here, but it’s not top of their list in most cases! But they like my pheasant wild rice soup. My hike yesterday was a bit long in order to put myself in position regarding the wind on a particular WPA…an hour just to get in position, and a limit fairly quick thereafter, and then the hike back out. One of my most memorable days afield this season! Wasn’t all cattails…the hunting area was, but the trip in/out was on ice or dry lakebed…

I’ve made fried walleye twice in the past ten days out here…a big hit! Cabela’s sells a breading mix called “uncle bucks beer batter”…👍

Hips are a breeze compared. My wife has had one knee replacement and needs another. She is putting it off, not good.

Back