Thanks!

Lee192233

Thank you to all who gave me advice about coming to KS. We hunted Graham County last Friday/Saturday. Even though I didn't hit a bird:mad:, we had opportunities every field we hunted. We probably moved 75 birds (about 60% hens) in a day and a half. 75% were wild flushes but we had a fair share that held tight and flushed within 10 yards. Best cover was good switch/ little bluestem adjacent to harvested corn/milo fields. You truly have a beautiful state and I will definitely be back after I take shooting lessons:eek:! Have a great season and shoot straight!
Lee

You had better luck than a lot of us.The number of hens you saw was a positive note,it may take several years but hopefully bird numbers have bottomed out and will turn around.

Hunted Graham a couple of years ago. Went back over there last year and the cover was almost non existent. Im just happy to hear you found good cover.

Most of the best switch was in terraces and down the draws where there was sufficient moisture to support the grass. Sometimes we couldn't see how good the cover was until we walked into the field. It would look just ok from the road but once we were above the terraces we could see the ones that had good cover. Overall it was a great learning experience and we'll definitely be back. I've been bitten by the Western bug. I'm pretty sure my wife has no idea the can of worms she opened by agreeing to this trip! :cheers:
Lee

Back