Thanks for a great forum/kansas guys

nc bird man

As the season draws to a close for you guys out west please humour me for a moment with a few remarks. Fortunately here in North Carolina we still have a few weeks to chase what few bobwhites are left in the deep south. Just would like to say thanks for a great bunch of people throughout this entire forum. Being an out of stater and hunting in several other states for several species of game birds i have never seen a bunch so willing to share. I have been told by other people in other states to just stay home and stay away if your state doesn't have birds don't come to our state and shoot ours. I have even received this reply from state officials when trying to gain knowledge to hunt a new area or species. The folks on this site are true sportsman, willing to share for they understand that we must stand together to advance our sport. We must stand as one and have one voice, we must educate the young and get them involved to carry on the great tradition that we we're fortunate enough to have someone share with us. The love for the bird on this site is only surpassed by the love of the dog. Being a dog man myself keeping in constant contact with this site spurs me to be a better trainer, dog handler, and care taker of the precious gift of our four legged friends.

Thanks again especially to the guys from Kansas that helped make my trip out there this winter one of my best ever. It seems as though this forum has grown over the last few months, my hopes are that it will continue too for this is a great place for good folk. Well i have to close, the young setter pup forgot some of her yard work while chasing pheasants in Kansas and needs a little refresher on Whoa!!! I will let the old dog watch and glance over and see her snicker at the pups mistakes. Actually she's probably snickering at me. God bless you all and have a great year.

Nc bird man

As the season draws to a close for you guys out west please humour me for a moment with a few remarks. Fortunately here in North Carolina we still have a few weeks to chase what few bobwhites are left in the deep south. Just would like to say thanks for a great bunch of people throughout this entire forum. Being an out of stater and hunting in several other states for several species of game birds i have never seen a bunch so willing to share. I have been told by other people in other states to just stay home and stay away if your state doesn't have birds don't come to our state and shoot ours. I have even received this reply from state officials when trying to gain knowledge to hunt a new area or species. The folks on this site are true sportsman, willing to share for they understand that we must stand together to advance our sport. We must stand as one and have one voice, we must educate the young and get them involved to carry on the great tradition that we we're fortunate enough to have someone share with us. The love for the bird on this site is only surpassed by the love of the dog. Being a dog man myself keeping in constant contact with this site spurs me to be a better trainer, dog handler, and care taker of the precious gift of our four legged friends.

Thanks again especially to the guys from Kansas that helped make my trip out there this winter one of my best ever. It seems as though this forum has grown over the last few months, my hopes are that it will continue too for this is a great place for good folk. Well i have to close, the young setter pup forgot some of her yard work while chasing pheasants in Kansas and needs a little refresher on Whoa!!! I will let the old dog watch and glance over and see her snicker at the pups mistakes. Actually she's probably snickering at me. God bless you all and have a great year.

Nc bird man
The same to you sir and have a blessed year. I'm glad that you had a good trip to Kansas and hope that you will have many more.

I second that MR Byrd! Those are nice words to hear and important ones too! There is no sense in outdoorsmen and women being pitted against one another just because one is a NR and the other is a Resident. The NRs pay more for their licenses and usually spend less time pursuing our birds than the residents. The money all goes to the same place and the more NR hunters that have successful hunts, the more return the next year to buy a license again. This revenue is what supports our favorite hobby! I've noticed many resident/non-resident feuds on other sites. It is nice that we haven't witnessed that in our KS forum and I hope we never do. We should be happy to help each other to have successful hunts to help keep the tradition alive:cheers:To Good People!!

I too want to thank you folks! I hope to return this fall to your state if things work out, and I know we will be welcomed!
Thanks again, Rod:cheers:

Kansans

A quiet people, Kansans are usually worth listening to.

I can definitely tip my hat to the wonderful farmers and landowners in Kansas. I wish them all the BEST !!!

I have never been to Kansas except to drive through it. But being a native Midwesterner, I do know this for a fact. The people in general throughout the Midwest are great people that are under appreciated. Until you move away from them like I have.

Last edited:
Back