Take the dogs away - give them back

landman

Interesting story about how the Humane Society and others took this guys hunting dogs away. He was a breeder near Hurley, which is in east centrol south dakota, and he had about 160 dogs. Now it looks like the Humane Society Officer, Rosie Quinn, is in big trouble because she withheld information from the Judge when arguing for a warrant to remove the dogs from the guys property last summer.

See story:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100202/NEWS/2020314

I'm guessing that the breeder will consider filing a law suit to recover some of his losses.

I have two thoughts on this.
1. Rosie has stepped way over the line by all appearences. She also exagerated the story re the cat that was stuck on the hiway to enhance publicity.
2. The dogs appeared to be in pretty good shape. Regardless, you wonder how anyone could raise this many dogs in shall we say, a professional manner? You have to wonder what kind of "selective" breeding was going on here. I doubt I would ever buy one of these dogs. If someone knows more about this breeder, please let us know.
________
HONDA FIT SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Buck, I also fail to understand what any kennel is doing with over 160 dogs. Like you said, the dogs did appear to be in pretty good condition but when they show the video of the facility it looked real bad. If nothing else, they should restrict the number of dogs they can have.

I agree, it would be nice to hear from someone that has first hand knowledge about this breeder.

Where did you see the video. I think this is completely unprofessional, and just absurd to have that many dogs. What is the guy thinking? Those dogs are just waiting to become ill and spread disease. Nothing like being born onto death row. Dispicable IMO.

Back