Tag Soup for me

BleuBijou

Went out Yesterday for the last day of Antelope in Wyoming 47. Winds a whippin' @ 50mph. I can't hit antelope in that wind. Could not hold still even with a bi-pod. Shot twice at two different good bucks. One I doped 1 and a half lengths of it's body for wind and flippin' missed high over the shoulder. The other I just could not hold still at all. Both were animals with good large cutters. Then I saw the TOAD. Massive black face and all horn and mass. They spotted me at 700 yds and ran to the next county. All were in large groups and extremely skittish. Left tipping my hat. Tag Soup for me.

Went out Yesterday for the last day of Antelope in Wyoming 47. Winds a whippin' @ 50mph. I can't hit antelope in that wind. Could not hold still even with a bi-pod. Shot twice at two different good bucks. One I doped 1 and a half lengths of it's body for wind and flippin' missed high over the shoulder. The other I just could not hold still at all. Both were animals with good large cutters. Then I saw the TOAD. Massive black face and all horn and mass. They spotted me at 700 yds and ran to the next county. All were in large groups and extremely skittish. Left tipping my hat. Tag Soup for me.

Bleu,

Thats to bad you had to eat your tag. Winds blowing @ 50 makes bullet placement Problem-matic, to say the least. Even in a good prone stance, the swirling, gusting, Wyoming winds make it a crap shoot.

You know the snow never melts in Wyoming, it just blows around until it wears out.:cheers:

CHicago ain't got $hIt on Wyoming!! Windy city my @ss!!:cheers:

When I was working in the thunder basin in 2001 I remember how the wind drove me crazy after a while. I was reminded of it again this year. Never seen anything like it down here. Gusts yes but that sustained wind like out there no.

CHicago ain't got $hIt on Wyoming!! Windy city my @ss!!:cheers:

LOL You are not incorrect. If you live in Wyoming and don't walk out the door a a 45 degree angle you will wind up on your butt. LOL :D This is a fact from nov. to march.

Chicago has nothing like on Wyoming. 100+ mile an hour gusts with 75 mile an hour sustained winds are not uncommon. Jan though march. :10sign::cheers:

Back