SW Kansas vet question

Scoutdog

Iâ??m heading to SW Kansas around the Thanksgiving holidays with my dogs for some hunting. I usually try to locate vet clinics in the area where I will be hunting in the unfortunate event something happens to one of my dogs. My tentative plan is to camp at Meade State Park but may venture out west of Liberal and on up to west and south of Dodge City. Can anyone help me with the names/numbers of vet clinics in the Liberal, Dodge City, or other towns in the general area? Iâ??m not too familiar with the area which is why I canâ??t be more specific about where Iâ??ll be hunting. Itâ??s just going to be my dogs and I hunting and I donâ??t know anyone in the area to ask about vets.
Thanks

Just returned from SW Kansas Dodge, Ensign ,Ford ect. Save your time and go north. If you still want to go,not sure of phone numbers ,but there is a vet in Monty,and at least one in Dodge on 54,just as you enter town. Our guy that we hunt on,said that there is a ton of rattelsnakes this year(but no birds).we did not see any snakes,hunted mostly CRP,some cut milo. 10 guys,4 dogs 6 birds in 2 days,we uselly kill 40-50.not sure what happened,but there is alot of uncut milo??
anyway be careful and goodluck

There are 2 good vets in Liberal. I would recommend Liberal Animal; Hospital Ph no 620 624 8461. The other is Kansas Ave. Vet Clinic Ph no 620 624
0121 Both clinics offer 24 hr service. My party hunted between Liberal and Hugoton opening weekend. Lots of crops still unpicked. However we managed to shoot 38 birds in our group of 9 hunters. We worked the corners of fields that had been picked. Good luck.

Back