Sub-Forums

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
If any of you guys think we need more sub-forums on some popular topics, feel free to give me your suggestions. Thank you.

Webguy

I know this is a pheasant site but a subforum for other upland bird hunting would be nice. I know there are some grouse hunters around.

How about a Deer Hunting sub forum in the Lounge. The rut is on for crappin' sakes and no place to see what's happening in the rest of world. Alot of pheasant hunters deer hunt too.

:D

So how's the deer season going Chris? Get one?

So how's the deer season going Chris? Get one?

Webguy, thanks for askin. Got 3 does down on farm in SD and cutup and in the freezer. All with bow. That's good because slim pickins in WI if you can believe that.

I was out last week and the rut was on and had one nice buck at about 64 yards which is too far with bow.

Pete and I are headed to cabin in WI for the WI Gun opener.

I got my deer head mount back from taxi dermy guy in SD and am taking it to the cabin where it belongs. Pumped! Corn is coming out of fields around cabin/woods so hopefully that amps up the deer hunting potential this weekend.

Farewell to Quail Unlimited?

I've noticed there are a lot of posts regarding combination hunts for pheasant and quail, so maybe this isn't too far off-topic. Anyone have thoughts to share on the Quail Unlimited situation? I helped start a local chapter 25 years ago, and have been an active member ever since. Our core group is trying to figure out what course we want to take now: stay with QU and hope they pull it back together; go with the upstart QUWF; or switch to QF. Any suggestions or ideas?

I've noticed there are a lot of posts regarding combination hunts for pheasant and quail, so maybe this isn't too far off-topic. Anyone have thoughts to share on the Quail Unlimited situation? I helped start a local chapter 25 years ago, and have been an active member ever since. Our core group is trying to figure out what course we want to take now: stay with QU and hope they pull it back together; go with the upstart QUWF; or switch to QF. Any suggestions or ideas?

CCD, not sure of the right answer but my thought is PF is a conservation powerhouse and both PF and QF could be helped by increasing membership. QF simply models the success built in PF system. My 2 cents, switch to QF but assess all options in process of decision.

A general equipment section to post reviews of collars, boots, vests, ect might me nice.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to add some of these and see if they get some action in the next few months.

How about a sub-forum to a sub-forum. I am thinking of a Reloading Forum. I wonder how it would be for action..........Bob

Webguy, I would like to see a sub forum on weather, through out the year, with links to radar in different cities and states, to track heavy rain and hail of course for pre-season scouting on birds and to help with planning trips. I am a weather nut and click on doppler radars across the nation where I hunt to keep track of unfavorable weather to see if has affected bird numbers. If somehow you could track the hail and heavy precip through out the year it would help us all tremendously!!!!!! thanx!

How about a brag page sub forum we all brag already but it would be better ino to ave a page just for brags

Back