Stuff That Happens

I don't think a dog would be able to follow you and only take steps solely based on when you took a step. Especially since you're a biped and a dog is a quadriped.

I think you may have encountered Bigfoot. LOL
I'll never know, but I can tell you that about the third time I stopped, and it stopped every hair on my body stood on end and away I went!

I don’t really have anything good. There was this one time I went out to hunt in the snow. The linkage had been out on my 4 wheel drive. Retainer clip . I stopped at an oreilly ‘s to grab one but they didn’t have one in store and I would have to drive to the other side of town to get one. So I went without, figuring I could crawl under and flip it manually if I had to.
The snow wasn’t much but it had really blown. And it didn’t take me long to get stuck. No shovel , last time I’ve ever made that mistake.
Well there was no way to get under the truck , being it was packed with snow . So no 4 wheel drive. I managed to get it out , spinning most of the tread off of one of my rear tires.
I should have went home then but I locked it into 4 wheel drive and kept going. It wasn’t long before I was stuck again , a long drift that I thought I could bust. There was a farm house in sight so I walked up seeing if I could borrow a shovel. The guy at the house put on his boots and coveralls grabbed a couple of shovels and came with to me to help. We took turns digging , I started it up pushed up more snow and we would dig again. It wasn’t to long and we had gotten it out.
I politely thanked the man asked for the best road to get back to the highway and headed back to Wichita without hunting a bit.
I got stuck in my 74 ramcharger up in the north east corner of montana one time in December. Buried up to the doors in a drift. Bad decision to drive that trail that day. I had an army etool,a n d a big dog bowl.I went for help,my buddy dug. I knew the nearest farmer,great guy!! Luckily he was in his shop a mile away! We drove back there in his ranch pick up.He buried that old truck.Back to the shop we walked in a blizzard. He got another pick up, this time a one ton with good tires. Pulled both vehicles out, and it was almost dark. No hunting that day, and lots of strenuous digging. I really learned my lesson that day! Four wheel drives are not tanks.They will get stuck, and that's important to remember.

I got stuck in 4' drift in SD one time. $650.00 later I was out. Wrecker had a cherry picker on back. Insurance paid for that one.

As I said before, I used to spend a few days a year camping/hunting/fishing on the river. Once I had my brother take me a few miles upriver to a sand bar for a couple days. The weather forecast was 30 percent chance of rain. Just a few hours after setting up camp I noticed a small black cloud on the horizon. As it got closer, I could hear thunder. I knew from experience; sand bar is no place to be in a storm! I knew the tent stakes would never hold, so I headed for the trees. As I reach them, I turned just in time to see the tent leave the ground. It was like slow motion. Just lifted up and landed a few yards out in the river, gear and all. This was about a minute before the actual storm hit. I ran into the trees and hunkered beside one. lightning was striking all around, and limbs the size of my thigh were breaking off and hitting the ground. It's a weird feeling being trapped with nowhere to go. Panic is an understatement. It was over as fast as it started. I drug the tent in and pulled out the wet sandy mess inside. With night coming on I hear a boat motor. It was my brother. He said Well you made it. Are you staying? I said NOPE. GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!

As I said before, I used to spend a few days a year camping/hunting/fishing on the river. Once I had my brother take me a few miles upriver to a sand bar for a couple days. The weather forecast was 30 percent chance of rain. Just a few hours after setting up camp I noticed a small black cloud on the horizon. As it got closer, I could hear thunder. I knew from experience; sand bar is no place to be in a storm! I knew the tent stakes would never hold, so I headed for the trees. As I reach them, I turned just in time to see the tent leave the ground. It was like slow motion. Just lifted up and landed a few yards out in the river, gear and all. This was about a minute before the actual storm hit. I ran into the trees and hunkered beside one. lightning was striking all around, and limbs the size of my thigh were breaking off and hitting the ground. It's a weird feeling being trapped with nowhere to go. Panic is an understatement. It was over as fast as it started. I drug the tent in and pulled out the wet sandy mess inside. With night coming on I hear a boat motor. It was my brother. He said Well you made it. Are you staying? I said NOPE. GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!
Dude, That is a funny one...

Back