stormy cromer?

turtle

What style do you guys like. I wear a ball cap style hat. I need a warm hat for my bald head. Saw a picture on hear with Cheesy and his dad wearing them. Look warm. I need warm no hair on Top of my pumpkin shaped head.

Last edited:
I will occasionally put a baseball cap on top of my fleece stocking hat. If you unsnap all the adjustable snaps, it will sit up there ok and keep your glasses dry. Might look dumb, but it's warm and it works, and who cares when you're out hunting. :thumbsup:

I'm a bald guy too and love my stormy kromer. They are warm but not too much so. They excel in temps between 50 and 20 below twenty a plain old stocking cap to cover the ears is best in mu opinion.

They have two models, the one like I'm wearing in the other thread made of wool and a Rancher that has Thinsulate insulation added with larger ear flaps. I've never gotten the ear flaps on mine to stay down so just use a neck gator pulled up over the back of the hat for my ears. Works better anyway, you can keep the wind from going down your neck that way.

In mild weather, it's baseball caps for me. I go from mesh to cloth as the temp drops. When it gets worse a bit, I put my hood up on my cotton hoodie. When it gets really cold, I don the Jones quilted hat in blaze orange camo. It has a long and storied past with a month long sabbatical in a CRP patch after my son borrowed it and wore it over his hoodie. Guess what happens when you throw your hoodie off and don't remember when you did that? My hunting buddy found it a month later and brought it home. Hasn't been loaned since. It's missing some trim from the rodent incursion during that month, but we're still each other's favorite!

I have the same issues up top. I wear a felt outback hat that has ear flaps if its windy. Gets too cold and I just wear a hat hat.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Lite-Felt-Outback-Hat-with-Earflaps/733035.uts

that right there looks perfect for cold days if it has a chin strap. I have a Stetson breezer for nice days and a Stetson stalon for cool days; both with leather chin straps. not sure if that cabelas hat has a chin strap ?? when it's down right cold, I have a wool Elmer Fud hat with no chin strap but only a bill cap brim. my experience is if you wear a broad brimmed hat around here, you need a chin strap or your hat will go bey bey :thumbsup:

I've tried to wear a brimmed hat in the past and the hat tends to amplify the muzzle blast until my ears ring with each shot. I could do the Stormy Cromer. I googled it and there are some really nice styles/colors. I'd like to get more into some quality wool clothing.

Back