Stevens 555E 16 gauge

Copperboy

Just stumbled across adds for them on GunBroker. Any body have one yet? I never knew they existed & am curious to see & try one on.

Copperboy

Does anyone have a 555 of any gauge on here? They don't get a good review on sgw. I am curious how your opinion of them are. Thanks

Last edited:

max00

One of my hunting buddy has one. It's in 12ga and he likes it. He said it's on the light side- easier to carry in the field. But because it is lighter than his other shotguns, you'll notices a little more recoil.
There are good & bad reviews. He said the gun has never given him any problems, and he's happy with it.

COPPERDOG

I have been curious about the Stevens 555 as well.
I'll be picking up a Browning new A5 Sweet 16 in the near future then may look at a Stevens 555 down the road.

Just checked the Stevens site and they only show the 555E available in 12, 20, 28 & 410.

Last edited:

Ajsdad

Yes.....no 16 gauge though. I have the 20 and 28. My only complaint is the recoil pad is too thick, but othan that no misfires and is a dream to carry!!

msantjer

I have it in a 12 gauge. It is great for those days in the field but would not recommend for shooting clays. The weight of the gun is light and you can definitely feel the recoil.

FlyLow

I also have one in 20 and use it just about as much as I use my Ultra Light. I don't think they can be beat for the money. I would guess I have around 1000 rounds through it and have not had any issues.

Dakotazeb

I just bought my grandson a 555E in 20 ga. Looks like a nice little gun. Can't wait to get him out to shoot it.