Standing Rock Sioux reservation hunting?

woodsman

I will be going to Mobridge ,SD this season and was wondering if anyone had hunted the west side of the river on reservation land or PLOTS, and if so what to expect? any advice will be appreciated,thanks

I have hunted turkey in this area but unfortunately have not chased any pheasants. Make sure you get the tribal maps when you purchase your license as it can get a little confusing without them. I have spoken to the tribal game warden's on several occasions and they are always more than helpful in pointing you in the right direction. They have been a wealth of knowledge. I have spoken to many land owners and most have allowed us to hunt there property simply because we asked and didn't assume we could hunt as many in the area do. Wish I had more pheasant news for you but my experience in the area has always been positive.

Even those maps show the entire area as reservation there is a lot of private land in that area. I use to hunt Sharpies over there but it was on private (white man) land. I suppose any public land might be on the reservation.

Back