spring birds

watermen

saw a pair of quail this morning and heard several during turkey season. Not real common in these parts, but things are looking up so far.

Ive seen quite a few pairs as well. Ive been out on all the rainy mornings in the turkey woods. And it seems like the quail are on the move in the wetness. I guess that means they're looking for a place to nest? Nice weather days I dont see as many. Could be luck, but it'd be pretty consistent luck.

Have seen a few pairs in my farming pursuits this spring and have heard some bob-whiting from our house too. Killed the fewest quail in Mo last season than had killed for several years but don't measure my hunts by the number of birds killed anymore and did have some awesome hunts in the Ok. panhandle on both quail and pheasant.

I hear more around my house where I live. But I have been hearing more and more up here around school. I teach in Audrain county so Im probably pretty close to ya.

Pheasantwhisperer, Where do you teach in Audrain county? I live south of Vandalia and also have hunted in Ks for over 30 years and hunt in Ok and SD.

Community R-6. I coach football and baseball. Have to drive to Vandalia everyday in the fall because we combo with them for football.

Back