Spirit Lake area question

The area receives a lot of hunting pressure. I was out Sat morning my first two spots were taken. Still birds but many are just running ahead especially on pointers right now. Looked like a lot of hunters at the Inn when I drove by.

Quit trying to keep the area all to yourself. Maybe Niceshot and I need to head up your way and really put a hurting on the birds.

I was up there picking up a new pup this past Saturday. The breeder Randy from Houdini Llewellins was there hunting. I ran my dog with him in one spot for about an hour. Saw a hen and a rooster. It was clear that this was not the birds first rodeo. Wasn't outstanding, but I have hunted much worse.

That area gets TONS of pressure.
Once the duck season closes, Jemmerson Slough will open to hunting, then THAT place will get TONS of pressure.
I have hunted the opener there for years, but the past couple have just been nuts.
I am going to wait next year until at least the third weekend before going up.
I should have gone fishing the opener.

If I get over that way again this year I'll have to get in those cattails and slug it out. There is certainly an impressive amount of public hunting land around there.

Welcome to Dickinson county. Sorting thru those large tracts of land is time consuming. There are deserts there, and there are oasis in regards to pheasant hunting. But you are correct, there is a lot of state land.

Back