Southwest out of the Cities...

RedRinger

Similar to a previous post on here, I too am new to Minnesota and looking for good public lands to hunt. I have a year and a half old chocolate lab who is slowly picking it all up, but it would definitely be easier the more I got birds in his mouth.

I've had really good success so far this season out West by SD (Granite Falls area), but was wondering if there are any recommended lands that are within an hour and a half or so of Minneapolis. I live and work in the city, but it'd be nice to go into work around lunch to be able to get a few hours in the field.

Any advice is appreciated! Also, is hunting within "State Forests" all ok? Come from the East coast and lots of different rules and regs... have a lot to learn in the Pheasant-rich Midwest!

:cheers:

Last edited:
try picking up the all-outdoors atlas. It covers the bottom 1/3rd of southern minnesota showing all wma's and wpa's.You can get them at cabelas ,gander etc.It cost's a few bucks but well worth it,lots of info

Try going out by windom and pipestone area, tons of great public land to hunt out there. We limited out opening wknd both days by noon with 5 guys.

Back