south of chicago?

huntemup!

Hello, I am a pheasant hunter from the joliet area. I have a small peice of private land that I hunt and run into a bird or two. I also have access to a farm where I hunt geese and ducks. We do well most times. I was wondering if anyone in the area might have a decent area to hunt wild birds, and would be willing to trade. I would take you with us goose hunting for the oppertunity to go pheasant hunting on property that you may have access to. My hunting buddy would like to take his boys pheasant hunting this weekend. We will also be hunting geese and ducks on our land. Going to be a hunting-paloosa! ha. We are very ethical hunters and we are both police officers, so very safe! If this might work out for you let me know! Might be beneficial for both of us! Thanks! Eli

heck of an offer - wish I could help.
I used to live at 55 and 126.
Ill be COL this w/e in the snow! About time!
Welcome to the site!

Im close to you as well

Live near 80 and 55 in cambridge sub division. You should hunt the controlled pheasants hunts. Sometimes alot of work to find them and your dog dogs will love it. Great time for your buddies boys as mine loved it.

You guy's ever hunt the Des Plains wildlife area? You should time a hunt out there when we have our trial. There is one out there every year and allot of birds are released. There is one other not to far away and also each club has one in the spring. Close to 200 or more birds released each trial that get away. With all those birds there has to be some areas that they are doing good in. I stayed in Joliet when I was down.

Im just south of you (55 and 80 area). Have fun in CO, although I hear the snow is comming here as well!

I think you misread my post
I used to live at 55 and 126
and
I was at COL/Chain o Lakes State Park in Spring Grove, IL on Saturday in the snow. A great time was had :)

how was the hunting there? We are hunting iroquois county this sat and mayb johnson sauk trail the next.

Lot of birds in Iroquois this year. I hunted this past Sat in the snow and we saw well over 100 in the three spots we hit. 3 guys 2 1/2 dogs (I brought my new pup that doesn't know anything yet other than he doesn't like the sound of guns!:eek:

Can't help on the places to hunt but I have invested some time and effort knocking doors around there and have gotten some places to hunt.

thanks for the replys! we didnt find a private place to hunt but we did do well on geese and ducks! I have hunted Desplains many times over the years and for the most part I enjoy it. Mostly because it gets my dog on birds and helps in the training. I agree with some of the posters on the general rudness of the staff there. My dad insists that its because they are over worked and understaffed because of buget costs. Who knows, but I try not to let that spoil my day. Right now my 10 year old is not carrying a shotgun. He is learning gun safty by proving he can be safe with a bb gun before I move him up. Because of this he cant hunt Deplains yet. Good luck out there and be safe!

Huntmeup- I just joined, but have been checking out the site for a few weeks. Not sure if we'll be able to get out for geese still this year, but I'd be definitely interested in doing a hunt trade. Send me a PM and I'll fill you in on details. I'm very close to Joliet and have a private spot to hunt about an hr west with lots of wild birds. We're going out tomorrow, we'll see how it goes, weather is going to be TERRIBLE!

We saw a ton of hens, 1 guy got 2 roosters. I got a rabbitt. The weather was really bad and the birds were a challenge since the dog couldn't pick up any scent trails. Plus once the birds got into the wind they were off like missiles. We still had a blast though!

Back