South Dakota CREP

If GFP didn't spend $750,000 annually on goose depredation it could more than afford the additional 20,000 acres. Apparently drilling eggs on public land and putting up fences around sloughs to save a few acres of beans is much more important than grass on the ground. Department priorities though.

I really like this program (CREP) and hope it get's another kick later down the road;)

I've visited a number of these sites, and though it will be another few years before many of them mature into good/great pheasant habitat, it's just a matter of time before they're booming with wild birds.:thumbsup:

My hat's off to SD game and fish , pheasants forever, and all others who were/are involved in getting as far as they have. Best of luck reaching 100,000 acres in the future if and when funds come through:)

Last edited:
If GFP didn't spend $750,000 annually on goose depredation it could more than afford the additional 20,000 acres. Apparently drilling eggs on public land and putting up fences around sloughs to save a few acres of beans is much more important than grass on the ground. Department priorities though.

We don't have to like it or agree with the policy but: #1 South Dakota owns the states wildlife. #2 Most land is privately owned. It is a problem that comes of that--if you own it and it causes damage to me then I expect you to solve the problem or pay for the damages. Most people don't like killing the problem so the next best thing is paying for the damage.

Would you put up with the person next door to continue to do damage to your property --- like the dog from the little old lady next door, digging up your flower garden---most people would not--- it really is that simple. Your dog --you fix the problem, one way or another.

Last edited:
We don't have to like it or agree with the policy but: #1 South Dakota owns the states wildlife. #2 Most land is privately owned. It is a problem that comes of that--if you own it and it causes damage to me then I expect you to solve the problem or pay for the damages. Most people don't like killing the problem so the next best thing is paying for the damage.

Would you put up with the person next door to continue to do damage to your property --- like the dog from the little old lady next door, digging up your flower garden---most people would not--- it really is that simple. Your dog --you fix the problem, one way or another.

Interesting analysis. You could just let me shoot your neighbors dog.

Interesting analysis. You could just let me shoot your neighbors dog.

That's nice Moe:rolleyes:. I don't think that's quite what he meant by that. lol

On another note, I want to hear how your season went out there (SD) this past season. PM when you get a chance.;)

Nick

Back