South Central Iowa/Des Moines

VZWman

I was wondering if anyone knew of some decent public ground that has pheasants on it? I've been out around Warren county, mainly Indianola, but am looking to expand on the weekends due to limited numbers here.

I have not hunted it, but I have heard there is a fairly new reservoir near Creston, that has some decent ground around it. Bird numbers are extremely low in that area as well however.

Now if you get birds let me know. You and the other people I have been directing to birds can start up a Christmas present fund for me. And all I want for Christmas is an AYA #2 12 or 16 ga.

Ok, sorry for the really, really late reply. I checked out the Buffalo Prairie, but due to complications with fellow coworkers, had to go in to work so idk yet. I hunted just north of Winterset and can tell you there are birds there, but it requires a lot of patience and would have probably helped to have a dog. PA, I'll get on your AYA right after I get one.

I'm glad you found some more spots. I can wait, but if it takes more than 30 yrs I probably will have no use for it by then.

Back