So long good girl

homeradam

Toughest thing I ever had to do. I had to put my 15 year old Chessie down today. Twelve years ago I got her as an abused dog from Chesapeake Rescue. She was aggressive and gun shy. Over the next several years of working with her she became the best hunting dog/companion I ever had. I couldn't bare putting her down myself, so my wife took her to the vet. We are having her cremated and will spread her ashes at her favorite fishing spot next summer. So long good girl...
023-1.jpg
[/URL

So sorry to hear this. Trust that you turned what would have been a short and miserable life into a long and happy one. I know that doesn't make it any easier right now, but it does not make it any less true. Most people would not take on the challenge that you did with such patience and devotion.

So sorry to hear this. Trust that you turned what would have been a short and miserable life into a long and happy one. I know that doesn't make it any easier right now, but it does not make it any less true. Most people would not take on the challenge that you did with such patience and devotion.

x2

There is a special place for people that help the most abandoned of god's creatures.

You gave her a lifetime of joy, her beginnings forgotten. Nice of you for her, wonderful FOR you, from her.

Best wishes.

Life is fleeting, but you made hers much longer & it appears that it was a very wonderful life, too. Focus on all the joy you two shared over the years. More than missing her, be thankful for having had her in your life. Tears shed over the loss of a fine dog are like precious gems.

So sorry. I feel your loss. We have two senior dogs and are preparing for their departure. Pictures evoke so many great memories. Keep them around in order to provide comfort.

So sorry to hear and I'm very familiar with the pain you're going through. One thing that my wife Karen and I have done with two out of the last three end of life decisions was to use a "house call vet". In that way your companion doesn't have to experience the stress of "going to the vet" and can be in his/her own home or yard with loved ones when they go to sleep for the last time. I highly recommend it. I hope you have a lot of pictures to cherish the memories.
POL

so sorry to hear about your dog!! i know pets become family members and it is hard to part with them. i myself hope to get a lab as a hunting partner some day so i can only imagine the pain and sadness you feel. i do have three other dogs and it is never easy seeing any of them go.

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Back