Snowy Gray Lodge hunt?

They could get as much as 3 inches out there overnight and as cold as it is, it's not going to melt right away. I'm not going, though, as much as I love tramping around in the white stuff with the dogs. We're going to get substantially more than that here in Paradise and I need to keep the 4WD around in case something comes up where somebody really needs to get somewhere.

I'm pretty sure my daughter's ballet class will be canceled. If not, I'll be the one taking her.

Sounds like fun. I know a secret spot in LB that always has a handful of birds when it gets cold. I would be hitting it tomorrow but I'll be helping out with a disabled hunt instead. The birds will wait until sunday I imagine. :cheers:

Robert,
Remember you said you wanted to go back to where you hunted on Thanksgiving but only if if it snowed. Well it snowed...:laugh:
I'm not getting more than 15' from the woodstove.

Yep, lots of good college football games to watch tomorrow, then the annual bass club banquet at dinnertime. As hard as it's coming down, I'm not even sure I could get out of town if I wanted to.

Robert,
Remember you said you wanted to go back to where you hunted on Thanksgiving but only if if it snowed. Well it snowed...:laugh:

I've been watching the the weather up there, supposed to be -8 tomorrow morning.:eek: I'm not sure how warm I could keep the trailer in those temps. The 20 its supposed to be here in the morning is a lot closer to what I'm use to.:cheers:

I've been watching the the weather up there, supposed to be -8 tomorrow morning.:eek:
When they put a minus sign in front of the temp it creates a whole different set of problems. Lots of times it gets very still when it gets that cold but up there it will blow 30 mph making just driving a challenge. You see semi trucks on the icy highways with their trailer (only singles) kind of cocked off to the down wind side but still driving 50 mph. When you pass your wake makes them whip a little from side to side. Ah, fun for everyone. Towing your trailer would be an adventure.

I know a secret spot in LB that always has a handful of birds when it gets cold.

Care to share :D haha just kidding! I hunted ducks all weekend but left the pup at home. I was worried he couldnt handle these temps being soaking wet. Were gonna chase pheasants tomorrow probably!

Don't think they got any snow that actually stuck -- it was more of a snow/rain mix down there. Glad I didn't make plans to go.

Back