Snow!

Not to mention volcanoes. One major eruption can throw the world into a year or two (or more if the volcano stays highly active) of volcanic winter.

Encyclopedia companies still exist.

Love this site because it's so educational. Bunch of meteorologists around here. Following the science! :p
Haha.. I make no claim to be all knowing but it's just hard to see people mention global warming as if it doesn't exist just because it still gets cold. I don't think there's any debating the fact that the planet is warming up.

The big question is how much are humans speeding that process up.. I haven't looked into the evidence one way or another.

I'm not sure what you mean by this but global warming doesn't mean it won't get cold... It actually is the opposite. As the world warms up, we will see larger weather fluctuations including possibly seeing colder winter conditions at times. The world goes through cycles which is natural (little ice age, etc) and currently the world is warming (with a little help from us no doubt).

This is not to say every weather fluctuation is due to warming but I've seen a few comments around here mentioning global warming when discussing cold weather so I just wanted to throw this out there just so everyone is informed (not saying you aren't).
... with a LOT of help from us NO doubt..

This is my son's dog that I took along with me. She's a Double TT English line dog as well. She has one heck of a nose. She probably dug the most buried pheasants out. Here she's just dug one out.

I have a video of her digging away at it. She took a couple of minutes to get him out of there. I watched her waiting for the bird, decided there must be no bird, dug my phone out of my vest, recorded a bit, then put the phone away. 5 seconds later she drug him out with a firm hold on his wing, pinned him and got a better hold.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by this but global warming doesn't mean it won't get cold... It actually is the opposite. As the world warms up, we will see larger weather fluctuations including possibly seeing colder winter conditions at times. The world goes through cycles which is natural (little ice age, etc) and currently the world is warming (with a little help from us no doubt).

This is not to say every weather fluctuation is due to warming but I've seen a few comments around here mentioning global warming when discussing cold weather so I just wanted to throw this out there just so everyone is informed (not saying you aren't).
I should have realized it has become unacceptable to jest about any subject today. Folks have figured out how to take offence from almost any comment on any subject. Thanks for standing-up for planet earth, calling me out on the poor humor and the climatology lesson. My apologies, for that extremely insensitve statement. Well done KC, I had that coming.

I should have realized it has become unacceptable to jest about any subject today. Folks have figured out how to take offence from almost any comment on any subject. Thanks for standing-up for planet earth, calling me out on the poor humor and the climatology lesson. My apologies, for that extremely insensitve statement. Well done KC, I had that coming.
I don't take offense to anything on here and I'm definitely not standing up for planet earth. My only intention was to give out some information in case someone hasn't come across it before.

Theory validated. When we had a tough time finding birds during the later part of our hunt we surmised they were hanging out in the big corn.
Our friend cut a quarter next to one of the places that we hunted where we found very few birds. He said there were LOTS of birds in the corn. LOTS

So you folks getting there after more corn gets out should do well.

more unusual warm weather so far, but the early snow was an anomaly in itself and horsed up the early hunting.
would think things drying out and remainder of corn just about gone?

more unusual warm weather so far, but the early snow was an anomaly in itself and horsed up the early hunting.
would think things drying out and remainder of corn just about gone?
Reports were that the folks with corn still standing in our area were getting after it all week. The old "make hay while the sun shines and do your lovin' when it rains" thing. Past week was an opportunity to get it to the elevator and not leave it standing all winter like last year. Local elevators were reporting near full.

Back