Snow

engpointerman

Wow how two days can change the countryside. We got about1.5 inches of rain through the day and night yesterday. This morning 8-10 inches of very wet heavy snow. I hope my food plots stand back up a little pretty sqished this morning. The cane was 15 ft tall before this storm. Everyone have a good day.

Been wierd weather for sure. Guess that is how it goes in CO!

Man, I am going bananas waiting for the season to start!!:eek: These next couple of weeks will be LOOONNNNNGGGG! Even despite me having [5] big games tags still to fill!!!;)

Woke up this morning wishing I was headed to the field. About 19 degrees and 4-5 inches if snow! Oh yeah, it don't get no better than that. Good luck to everyone and be safe.:cheers:

Good job JMB. It is Yuma. Left the house this morning and seen a lot more damage. All of the tops are gone out of the corn. It was like 8-9 ft tall today broke off to the ear. Very interesting how this will carry out to harvest. I would think it would help if we have bad winds. My food plots went from 15 ft to maybe two feet. Water is running everywhere. I am sure birds did fine but cover is ruined in my opinion. I noticed the hawks are flying. Did anyone say stray bbs. Went by a section of crp this mornin that was just beatiful yesterday. Flat as a pancake today. I am hoping this stuff will perk back up a little after the heavy snow melts. Cover around the homesteads are flat also. Mother Nature sure is mean this year.

Good job JMB. It is Yuma. Left the house this morning and seen a lot more damage. All of the tops are gone out of the corn. It was like 8-9 ft tall today broke off to the ear. Very interesting how this will carry out to harvest. I would think it would help if we have bad winds. My food plots went from 15 ft to maybe two feet. Water is running everywhere. I am sure birds did fine but cover is ruined in my opinion. I noticed the hawks are flying. Did anyone say stray bbs. Went by a section of crp this mornin that was just beatiful yesterday. Flat as a pancake today. I am hoping this stuff will perk back up a little after the heavy snow melts. Cover around the homesteads are flat also. Mother Nature sure is mean this year.

DANG! I bet all that rain beforehand really softened everything up too so any weight at all will flatten it like a pancake!! Never thought I would hear myself saying it, but come one wind!!!:eek:

I bet the cover will bounce back just fine. I was out last year the Monday after opening weekend and was in about 8 inches of really wet heavy snow (I was about 15 miles south of Holyoke). Everything was flattened out, but it perked back up just fine. That switch grass is pretty resilient.

Back