Smoke Creek German Wirehairs

yes bought a pup from a guy in missouri on new years day this year, she has the smoke creek line on her mother's side along with three devils and her dad's side is all from treborwolf ,so far she has really impressed me with her drive and nose and she is really energitic ,you can go to smokecreek's web site and request a free dvd about their kennel and their operation, i had considered buyng a pup from them untill i found this one closer with their blood line in it , the guy offered to pick me up at the airport and take me to the kennel or bring the pup to me to save a rental car seemed like good people and pups reasonable priced pups.

Well that's encouraging to hear, thank you. Being in Denver, I am close to their kennels and think I might visit this weekend to check out some of their dogs. I requested the DVD and spoke with the owner yesterday. Needless to say, I am getting excited about the possibility of owning a GWHP. I probably would have never considered the breed but I'm tired of cleaning up endless amounts of labrador hair and a pointer has always interested me. Speaking of shedding, how is your dog's? Mind posting some pics for me?

glad to see a another soon to be gwp owner on here i've had 2 other gwp's before and absolutely loved them, their drive is unbeatable and their desire to please you is awesome , i love their coats don't have to worry all the time about trash getting caught up in it, just check their underneath and you good to go, my dad has britts and he spends alot of time cutting stuff out of their coat. now they can be hard headed , but most of the time all they want to do is hunt,mine in the past get pissy when i put them up in the box for the day and all we did was hunt for about 6hrs and walk 20 miles!! i have bought all 4 from different blood lines and all seem to have a high level of drive and hunt all day. i had a couple of britts. and was not real happy just not my cup of tea, i will never hunt anything but wirehairs fom now on. as far as pictures i don't have the ability to download pictures at this time when i do i will post some of her and my new 10 week old male as well, let me know what you think of the kennel and if you get one post some pictures.

Back