shotgun laws

Just a thought.....More accidents happen in SD due to blockers being shot than loaded shotguns in vehicles. If you were really concerned about safety you would never block. I would also venture that most negligent discharges happen when loading and unloading.

It is legal and it might be in your car but not in mine. The state law not withstanding, I allow for common sense, apparently absent in the S.D. legislature. Same reason I don't allow open alchoholic containers, legal in Missouri, in my car. It leads poor decisions, that effect everyone in the car or potentially even out of the car. I don't really see the need for or thrill of road hunting anyway. But that subject has been worn out here. I bet S.D. has a seatbelt law, what a joke, you have to wear a seat belt but you can carry a loaded gun in your lap, with your safety off and finger on the trigger! Which do you suppose is more dangerous, and to whom?

To be honest, I don't know where you read all that into this. It was just asked what the law was. Folks can do with it what they want. I have some pretty nice guns. I don't think you will find me even riding around with the gun uncased much less loaded. I won't say it's never happened but it is a rare occasion.

IN WI, three shot capacity for waterfowl. Believe that includes chamber. Steel shot.

No restrictions on upland game/deer/coyote/etc. NO restrictions I'm aware of on shot materials, as yet.

Until about 5 years ago, shotgun only in a lot of the Southern counties. Then, magically, rifles were allowed, about the same time as the CWD flap, although I don't know if they were connected.

Back