Shot a new A5 Browning 3.5" auto this weekend.

onpoint

Fantastic gun.

Shot 3 boxes of 1oz cheap promo loads a box of 11/8oz target loads and about 12 3.5" goose loads. Cycled all loads. Great sight plain just like the old Auto 5. Feels very light and shot it very well.

100,000 round 5 year Warranty.

:10sign::10sign:

A5

I shouldered it at Gander and really liked it, too. I came close to buying it but ended up with a Sweet 16 instead. It would have been a great gun to own. I wish I could have shot it. The gun I've been looking at lately is a Browning BPS in 16. I shot a beat up old remington express 12 better than any gun I ever had. Sometimes I wonder why I ever made the changes I did, but as I shoot the a5 more now to get ready for sd I hope to get my act together with it.

I was just looking at these a couple weeks ago. My friend was in the market for a new shotgun, and since he is a browning guy, this was one he was looking at.

He didn't like the "hump", while I think it looks great. Gives the gun a real "authentic" look in my opinion.

He went with a Maxxus ultimate instead. nice looking gun, but it had to go back to the dealer after the first time shooting it because of the trigger sticking.

i reminded him numerous times that day that I told him to get the A5 :D

I've been thinking of getting one for months now and just can't seem to decide which finish to get. I keep thinking of going camo but the purest and carpenter in me just loves the walnut stock. Such decisions should not be placed on a man. It just aint good for the health. I'm losing weight and sleep thinking about it. What to do what to do?:confused:

I've been thinking of getting one for months now and just can't seem to decide which finish to get. I keep thinking of going camo but the purest and carpenter in me just loves the walnut stock. Such decisions should not be placed on a man. It just aint good for the health. I'm losing weight and sleep thinking about it. What to do what to do?:confused:

If your not a waterfowl hunter. There's nothing wrong with fine wood.

Wood or camp

I went through the same thing with my last gun. I had a Benelli M2 in black plastic and I thought it was the toughest most practical thing out there. But now I have a sweet 16 and a Citori white lightning 16 and there's just something about a wood stock that's hard to beat. It would be hard for me to go back to plastic.

Gettin' better

Shot a few trap rounds with my Sweet 16 this week and I'm pretty optimistic. Got the dot on the glasses, both eyes open, and gettin' the hang of pointing and not aiming. After years of shooting with one eye, this is a new ball game and I'm starting to break some clays for once. I just can't get over how that gun goes up and what you can see with that dominant eye not glued shut. Glad I ditched the 12 and found this gun. I think there might be hope.

I went through the same thing with my last gun. I had a Benelli M2 in black plastic and I thought it was the toughest most practical thing out there. But now I have a sweet 16 and a Citori white lightning 16 and there's just something about a wood stock that's hard to beat. It would be hard for me to go back to plastic.

i agree. I made the transition from plastic to wood and unless i take up some late season waterfowl hunting, i don't think i will ever go back.

camo guns don't do it for me...never have.

Back