Shells? Bring Money

Shells are crazy expensive this year for sure. Have any of you guys used Ammo Seek site to locate shells. I have used them and found shells that I needed. Check it out.

Listening to all the talk about shotshells being hard to find...I started looking and they are quite scarce! In the last couple weeks, I have seen zero boxes of 12 gauge lead shot, suitable for pheasant hunting for sale. So glad I decided years ago to start reloading them. Ya, I know," it is not saving enough or any money to make it worthwhile", said everyone a year or 2 ago. If the prices are sky-high, I am surprised they aren't coming back into stock. I just can't understand why you would bother to stock-up at the current prices...it is not like they have stopped manufacturing them. Seasons are starting to wind-down (only 3 weekends remain in Iowa), so maybe they will be available in the near future and if they stay in-stock, the prices will come down...not where they were but at a 10-20% higher prices (like most everything else) than we remembered them. I hope everyone can find some when they NEED them.

I flew down from Alaska, wintering near Ronan, MT.
I heard about the ammo shortage, but also rooster shortage,
so brought 4 boxes of 12 gauge steel with me.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the local Walmart had
1 1/8oz 3 shot Winchester steel 12 gauge for $15.50.
I was also surprised that they lasted on the shelf for over a week....
a month later, Walmart had restocked and they lasted for about a week.

I drove down from ak and cleaned out my closet so I would have enough shells. I am glad I brought them with me. Heading home now and have a bison tag good in February and March and have not been able to find any 338 rounds. Couldn’t find any 270 rounds to moose hunt either might have to borrow a 300 win. From a friend.

I drove down from ak and cleaned out my closet so I would have enough shells. I am glad I brought them with me. Heading home now and have a bison tag good in February and March and have not been able to find any 338 rounds. Couldn’t find any 270 rounds to moose hunt either might have to borrow a 300 win. From a friend.
How many days do you take to get to Tok?
We flew down as I had put in to renew my passport card last July,
but did not get it until last week!

Back