Shells? Bring Money

I saw Wing Shok on the shelf for the first time in almost a year yesterday. Plenty of it too. I prefer Prairie Storm but beggars can't be choosers so I snagged a couple boxes. The price has also gone up...

Upland shells are out there now ... price is up considerably.

I guess I am keeping my larder full because I am far from running out. Not a hoarder though.

Target shells on the other hand ... ya I stock pile.

Just bought a 4-pack of Estate 12 gauge competition loads--1 ounce, #71/2 shot for $23.76 at the local Wal Mart. They also had 12 gauge AA 1 1/8 ounce #8's for $7.87/box but I left those, I already have quite a few loaded shells in 12, 16 and 20 gauge. It seems they are getting easier to find.

It is my opinion, take it for what it is, that the ammo companies are going to slow roll product out until as late as possible until season openers. At that point they will roll them out. I hope I am right, really I'm just trying to be an optimist.

It is my opinion, take it for what it is, that the ammo companies are going to slow roll product out until as late as possible until season openers. At that point they will roll them out. I hope I am right, really I'm just trying to be an optimist.
I'm thinking of companies like Backridge Ammunition. I think they are holding on to build an okay surplus, instead of one big wad.

Upland shells are out there now ... price is up considerably.

I guess I am keeping my larder full because I am far from running out. Not a hoarder though.

Target shells on the other hand ... ya I stock pile.
Where are you finding them because no one has them here. They may have some of junk shells but not what I consider top end at all. I was able to get a case of Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 20 gauge 6 shot from Reeds this week but Rogers is completely out of them now.

I got a couple boxes of Kent Bismuth 16ga online from Cabela's, arrived this A.M. I believe they also have 12ga available online.

Some retailers are not updating their online inventory accurately. If you are able to, its worth physically going into a retailer to check their supply instead of just looking online. The stuff on the shelf tends to get bought pretty quickly so updating it online is often not accurate anyways.

In the last 3 days I have stopped in at a Cabelas, a Bass Pro Shops store, and two different Farm & Fleets in Northern, IL. No decent upland loads to be found. There is some steel shot waterfowl loads, and some cheap target loads, but no lead upland loads. No handgun ammo anywhere.

Some Cabelas/BassProShops advice- look in the racks off to the side of ammo where they have carboard boxes. I found full cases last year where there were none in single boxes on the shelves for many loads. Ask the floor staff (sometimes even harder to find than shells) if they will split the case for you. Or you end up buying the case of 10 which is not a bad outcome. I did that last year and now have a half a case for me and hunting partners.

I also saw many people report that Cabelas had them in their distribution warehouse for online orders but never restocked the stores. I would try an online order while you have time to deal with any delays or them telling you they are not going to be able to fulfill it.

Some Cabelas/BassProShops advice- look in the racks off to the side of ammo where they have carboard boxes. I found full cases last year where there were none in single boxes on the shelves for many loads. Ask the floor staff (sometimes even harder to find than shells) if they will split the case for you. Or you end up buying the case of 10 which is not a bad outcome. I did that last year and now have a half a case for me and hunting partners.

I also saw many people report that Cabelas had them in their distribution warehouse for online orders but never restocked the stores. I would try an online order while you have time to deal with any delays or them telling you they are not going to be able to fulfill it.
This ain't last year. The shelves are bare. If there were any cases left the employee's would have already bought them.

Online works for me. I am set for myself and actually anyone hunting with me this fall. Next couple years actually.

Inflation is just going to be a fact of life for awhile.

In desperation, I bought a case of these. Hope they aren't junk. Anyone have any knowledge or experience of RIO ammo. Had decent reviews. There was 10 cases available on Tuesday when I bought them, but they are now out of stock. I guess worse case scenario, I can sell them to my buddies who don't have any shells.:cool:

Not sure if I’ve used those exact ones but have used Rio’s with no issues. Those specs appear to be capable of killing birds I would say.

Can I ask what the price was? Thanks

In the past we bought Rio's a hundred flats at a Time. I have shot a lot of them. The target loads didn't like cold weather.
I would assume they use different powder in the game load, so I think you're good to go.

Any one like golden pheasant 20 gauge 3 inch 5s and wanna trade for 20 gauge 3 inch 5s in federal premium upland. Ounce and a quarters

I'm in North Carolina, and need 12 gauge lead pheasant loads. Anybody know of a good place to look? Failing that, if I can find powder and shot, I'll reload my own--but they may be a problem too! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh: I was left 200 of these wads by a dear friend; all he wrote on the bag is " 1 1/4" I'm sure meaning ounces. I think it's a Remington SP12, but not sure. Can anyone ID them? Thanks again!

Attachments

• wad.jpg
    wad.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 6
Back