Sharpies and Huns

gettinbirdie

We are heading to north Dakota in a week! This will be our first time to N.D. , first time chasing sharpies. Lord knows how long my brother and I have talked about doing this! Finally we are going to be able to scratch this one off the bucket list.
We are pumped needless to say. We are taking three shorthairs with us.
ALL this water and rain news has got me a little nervous. We were initially considering areas just west of Minot and around Carrington. I'm hoping I can get a little feedback from anyone who has gone out this season, may be able to steer us in the right direction or even help us avoid a bad choice as we will only have 3 days to hunt. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

We are heading to north Dakota in a week! This will be our first time to N.D. , first time chasing sharpies. Lord knows how long my brother and I have talked about doing this! Finally we are going to be able to scratch this one off the bucket list.
We are pumped needless to say. We are taking three shorthairs with us.
ALL this water and rain news has got me a little nervous. We were initially considering areas just west of Minot and around Carrington. I'm hoping I can get a little feedback from anyone who has gone out this season, may be able to steer us in the right direction or even help us avoid a bad choice as we will only have 3 days to hunt. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

We are heading out the end of the month for a 6 day hunt. This will be year 26 in ND and our experience has been the further west you go the better for Sharpies and Huns both. We hunted north of where you are going last year, north of I 94 near Taylor and I have to tell you we could not believe how many Huns and Sharpies we ran into there in 2 days. Now my friends that live out there have been sending me pics of recent snowfall and yes 12 inches of rain in Sept. Hopefully things will dry out by the time either of us get there. We remain very optimistic about our hunt which is 25 days away and we hope yours will go well! We are splitting our hunt 3 days near Flasher and 3 days over near Taylor 2 different areas that were both good last year but we did hit rain for the first day and a half which hurt us near Flasher miserable! First time that ever happened to us over that length of time! No more rain for now we hope! Lol Good luck!

Back