Shape shifting...

JMc

Super Moderator
Awhile back I traded my Benelli Legacy for a Franchi Renaissance O/U which has now turned into a new Browning Maxus. Yea for me...as I have said before, I cannot shoot an auto but the Maxus is a different animal for me. I have shot my brothers and shoot it well. Might just be a keeper...:)

Thats a great gun! 2 of my buddys just picked one up in the Hunter. What did you go with?

well, well, well...welcome to the darkside..LOL

Browning "Best There Is" plain and simple.

Congrats on the new shootin iron.

That's a sweat gun you've got. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I'm not sure what model you got but that new Browning Maxus Hunter is one beautiful gun.

Hope to make that my next pheasant gun. :D Enjoy!:cheers:

It's the Stalker version; all black, 28" 2.75, 3, & 3.5. I have handled the Hunter and it's nice but just doesn't fell as good to be as the Stalker. I'm not a black gun fan but it will fit nicely with my Benelli M1 20. Mainly bought for duck, geese, and crane hunting.

As for pheasant, I pull out the trusty old Winchester 101...can' beat it!

JMc,

You have any experience with a Benelli Montefeltro 12 gauge? My son won one in a charity raffle, but he is a lefty, so I am considering purchasing it from him, so he can get a left handed model.

Maynard,
The Montefeltro is a great gun...I had one then traded it up for the Legacy. Worse thing I could have done. Shot the Monte decent but never could get the Legacy right. They carry great in the field and feed everything you give them. I just could not shoot the Benelli as well as the new Maxus.
You know they are not gas operated but work under inertia. You will notice a little more recoil with the Benelli. For the right price, you can't go wrong. If you don't like it, the resale value holds up very well. You won't have any trouble moving it.
Is it a 26" or 28"...for pheasant, the 28 swings much better due to the lightness of the gun. The 26" is a quail or dove machine.

It is the Model 10810, 12 gauge, right hand, 26", 3" chamber, Satin Walnut, Blued, NIB. Able Ammo has them for $1,149. My son has been wanting to get a 12 gauge auto and this fits him well, except the wrong side since he is a lefty. I am going to check with my main gun shop about a trade for him.

Back