season update

At the Murph,

That patch of habitat outside of Milford is named after my old man, Bill Hudgens Prairie." He passed away in March of 2014, and has probably killed more pheasants than anyone I know. He spent a lot of time working with PF to make that habitat what it is. Wish there were more pieces like that around.

At the Murph,

That patch of habitat outside of Milford is named after my old man, Bill Hudgens Prairie." He passed away in March of 2014, and has probably killed more pheasants than anyone I know. He spent a lot of time working with PF to make that habitat what it is. Wish there were more pieces like that around.

Sorry to hear of your loss eHudgens, but I'm also thankful for such men. His legacy will live on in those fields he touched;).
Nick

At the Murph,

I've driven past that field every time I've come to Milford except for the last two seasons as the bridge east of town has been out. We made a special pass last week just to check it out and to take that little dead end road to the east of it back towards the river to look around.

I commented to my buddy that it was great that it was there as that patch seeds a good amount of the area with pheasants all year long. I am sure they venture out and find other spots to inhabit form that sweet little spot.

Your Dad had to be a good man. The guy who killed the most I know was my buddies dad who died in 2013. I hunted with him until he was 87 yrs old. Saw him kill a couple birds when he was 86. Miss him. It was always more fun to hunt with that guy.

Last edited:
Back